Been away this week? On holiday in the area? Want to find out the top local news you should not have missed? Well it’s all here in a handy ten point guide.
1. Dorset paid tribute to those who fought in the Great War in the run up to next week’s remembrance events.
Read the incredible stories of Dorset’s soldiers here.
2. A newlywed Weymouth couple on the way to their reception were pulled over by police after their driver sounded his Dixie Land-theme air horn.
Click here to read what happened next.
3. Travis Perkins closed on Portland.
Read why here.
4. A Weymouth shop donated 50 foot pumps to help give children in Malawi access to dentistry facilities.
Find out how they will be used by charity DentAid here.
5. Weymouth Carnival organisers issued a plea for support as the summer extravaganza fast approaches.
Find out how you can help- click here
6. Cigarettes washed ashore on Chesil Beach in the storm earlier this year were seized after they were found being sold illegally in shops.
See how sniffer dogs helped the investigation.
7. A Portland man who lost 7.5 stone is hoping to inspire others to do the same.
Read his inspirational story here.
8. Star Portland swimmer Jay Lelliott smashed his personal best to finish sixth in the 1500m freestyle final at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
See how he got on here.
9. New French restaurant Côte Brasserie will be opening at Brewery Square in Dorchester.
Click here to read all about it.
10. Weymouth's harbourside could be turned into an al fresco dining experience under new plans.
Read the reaction to the plans here.