When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Use the podcast player beneath each article to listen to a podcast. Simply click the play button and the podcast will start. Alternatively, subscribe to our podcasts for free by clicking the buttons on the right.
It's Christmas and feeling festive so I wanted to spread Christmas cheer round Weymouth. We are Chantelle and the Koppy Kats and we are local. This song was written by Laurence Merritt and is called Santa Man.
Simon Wilson and Lecca Wilson formed Cosine three years ago and have a recorded their debut album 'Apollo and the Duke'. Lecca plays keyboards and vocals and Simon plays the electric, acoustic and bass.
I'm a singer songwriter from New York with the drive and material to do some really big things. Its somewhere along the lines of Aladin's "A Whole New World".
Memories Of The Future started as a trio but then morphed into a quartet comprising two guitars bass and drums.They are along the lines of blink 182, feeder, although they seem to have thier own sound they do write their own material plus they do a variety of covers even as far as Celine Dion.
Here is a raw demo I recorded recently which has a punky edge: "Halloween". I also wrote a quirky xmas song called "Why Dont Christmas Go Away?". The Senior Producer of BBC 5 Live said he really liked this track and advised me to leave it as a demo as the feel of it was not tooo over produced.
Here is a raw demo I recorded recently which has a punky edge: "Hallowe'en". I also wrote a quirky xmas song called "Why Dont Christmas Go Away?". The Senior Producer of BBC 5 Live said he really liked this track and advised me to leave it as a demo as the feel of it was not tooo over produced.
Track: Crossroads - A big thank you to everyone who has helped in 'keeping music alive', in The Verne Prison. Another track has been used for an Echo video <a href="http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/video/index.var.14881.0.0.php">here</a>.
This track points out the negatives as well as the positives of Weymouth town, that you have your good, bad, different background people all in one community.
This song usew many metaphors to emphasise that you should be proud of who you are, not take for granted what you got.
Asbestos is a new Punk Rock/Hardcore band based in Weymouth and we have just recorded our 1st EP entitled "When You're Here You've Never Felt So Small". This song fuses Typical hard Punk Rock with some Southern Country rock, Grunge, Anthemic Gang Vocals and even some Heavy Metal.
- What is podcasting?
- "Podcasting" is a portmanteau coined in 2004, that combined two words: "iPod" and "broadcasting." Even though the name is a misnomer, in that podcasting doesn't require an iPod and no over-the-air broadcasting is required, it has maintained its prominence in the face of numerous alternatives. In short, a podcast is nothing more than an mp3 download referenced by a RSS feed and is the common name for the delivery of audio content from a website to a mobile device via your PC or Mac.
- What is RSS?
- Using RSS, (Really Simple Syndication) means this website can tell you when a new podcast is added or updated. We have several RSS feeds for stories too. To learn more about RSS or subscribe to an RSS feed, click here.
- What will it cost?
- This website makes no charges to users of its podcast or RSS services.
- Do I need an iPod to listen?
- No you don't. The audio can be played on your computer, or copied over to an iPod, other MP3 player, mobile phone or PDA - any MP3 compatible device.
- What is an MP3 file?
- MP3s are audio files which are high quality but small in size so they are easy to download to your PC or Mac. They are fast becoming the industry standard format.