Residents flee home blazes in Owermoigne and Portland

Residents flee home blazes in Owermoigne and Portland

Residents flee home blazes in Owermoigne and Portland

First published in News

A MAN was helped from his house in Owermoigne by a neighbour after a fire broke out and another resident fled their home following a blaze on Portland.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said crews were alerted to the incidents within an hour last night.

Station Manager Steve Underhill, who attended the incident at Owermoigne said: “The occupier was helped to safety by a neighbour. We believe the cause of this fire to have been an unattended candle. The fire damage to the property was limited, but the entire property suffered smoke damage.

“This is a really important opportunity to remind Dorset residents that candles can be extremely dangerous and should never be left unattended."

The fire at Fancys Close, Easton, Portland, was sparked by a dishwasher.

The brigade said advice given to householder a month ago about fire safety proved to be invaluable.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree