When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Weymouth firefighters called to unattended cooking blaze
11:42am Saturday 19th January 2013 in News
DORSET Fire and Rescue Service is warning residents not to leave cooking unattended after a fire at a Weymouth flat this morning.
Firefighters were called to Derby Street in the Park District at around 10.15am where a blaze had broken out in the ground floor property.
An oven was damaged by smoke and heat.
A Dorset Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "Unattended cooking is an all too frequent occurrence of accidental dwelling fires.
"You should never leave any cooking unattended as the consequences can be serious."
The service will be offering free home checks and safety advice to residents in the area at a later date.