Firecrews alerted to bedroom blaze on Portland

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS extinguished a blaze in a bedroom at a house on Portland this afternoon.

The accidental fire is thought to have started after clothing or bedding came into contact with a lamp.

The fire, at a house in St George’s Estate Road, Easton, damaged a mattress, clothing and furnishings.

Crews were at the scene until 5pm to ensure everything was safe.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree