Rescue effort continues after hundreds of birds washed up along Dorset coastline
*More than 300 birds, dead and alive, have washed up over the past several days.
- *The Environment Agency says the birds have been contaminated by a 'refined mineral-based oil mixture'. But there is no suggestion yet where it has come from.
- *The birds started being washed up on Wednesday and the situation has been getting worse.
- *Members of the public are urged to stay away and leave the experts to deal with injured birds.
- *The rescue operation will continue at Portland today. Keep logged on to dorsetecho.co.uk for all of the latest updates.
- *If you have any pictures or videos, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01305 830999.