When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service send warning to people cooking at home
1:00pm Tuesday 19th February 2013 in News
PEOPLE are being warned by firefighters to take care when cooking in the home.
The Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said that last year over half of all accidental fires in the home in England were linked to cooking.
The service and the Fire Kills campaign are urging everyone to think safety first.
Home safety manager Kate Huelin said: “From pancake tossing to romantic dining, there are many reasons to don the apron and test your culinary talents this month.
“But whether you’re a baking beginner or a pancake pro, just a moment’s distraction could turn your kitchen fun into tragedy.
“Make safety your top priority, and keep yourself, your friends and loved ones safe.”
People are urged to never leave cooking unattended.