When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Smoke alarms alert residents to Abbotsbury house fire
7:33am Tuesday 5th March 2013 in News
THE importance of having working smoke alarms has again been highlighted after residents were alerted to a fire at their home.
Retained crews from Dorset Fire and Rescue Service raced to a house in Rodden Row, Abbotsbury, about 8.30pm last night after a 999 call was made.
They found a small blaze in a bedroom which had been caused by an electric radiator igniting a pillow.
The householders had been alerted to the fire by working smoke alarms which had been fitted by the brigade a few months ago.