When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Warning after kitchen fire in west Dorset
7:27am Thursday 7th March 2013 in News
RESIDENTS have been warned about the dangers of leaving cooking unattended after a fire in a flat.
Firefighters were alerted to a property in South Annings, Burton Bradstock, early today where there was a blaze in a ground floor kitchen.
The fire, which was out on the arrival of firecrews, was caused by overcooked toast setting a toaster alight.
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said the occupants were lucky as they had working smoke detectors fitted in the flat.