FIRE SERVICE ROUND-UP: Firefighters attend cottage fire, grain fire and waste bin set alight (From Dorset Echo)
When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
FIRE SERVICE ROUND-UP: Firefighters attend cottage fire, grain fire and waste bin set alight
FIREFIGHTERS have faced a busy day with call outs to a cottage roof fire, grain fire and a waste bin set alight.
At 11.37am this morning Dorset Fire and Rescue Service were called to a fire in a cottage at Milton Abbas.
Two fire crews from Bere Regis and Blandford were on scene just before midday. The fire occurred in the roof insulation and damaged one square metre of roofing felt.
It was extinguished using a hose reel jet and the cause of the fire was established as accidental, as the owner had been doing DIY with a blowtorch.
At 11.40am firefighters were alerted to a grain store in the West Lulworth area. The caller said that after using the grain dryer smoke was emitting.
Two crews from Weymouth and Dorchester attended and used a thermal imaging camera to detect the source of heat.
The fire involved grain residue and chaff, and was extinguished by removing most of the grain from the dryer and using a hose jet to dampen down the remaining grain.
The fire was brought under control at 1.40pm and was believed to be caused by a small amount of chaff overheating, which then ignited. A quantity of chaff was damaged by the fire.
At 1.04pm firefighters were alerted to an industrial waste bin on fire at a caravan site at East Creech.
A fire crew from Poole on standby at Wareham fire station attended the scene at 1.12pm and used a hydrant to extinguish the fire. Half of the plastic lid was destroyed by the fire.
Comments are closed on this article.