When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Firefighters tackle Portland house fire
FIREFIGHTERS were called after a fire gripped a garden fence, guttering and a roof at a Portland home.
Crews from Portland rushed to the scene on Weston Street at around 2.15am this morning.
The fire, which is believed to have been sparked by disposed smoking materials, is being further investigated.
It destroyed the garden fence and guttering, a child’s wooden playhouse and caused smoke damage to the rest of the house.
One nearby resident, who did not wish to be named, said: “Three fire engines woke me up about quarter past 2 in the early hours of last night.
“Thank goodness everyone is OK and I don’t think anybody was hurt.
“Nobody at the property smokes as far as I know, so I'm not sure what the cause of the fire could be.”
Comments are closed on this article.