When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Firefighters tackle house fire in Tolpuddle
8:52am Wednesday 11th September 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Tolpuddle after a small fire caused by an immersion heater.
At 8.10pm yesterday fire crews from Bere Regis and Dorchester attended the property on Main Road, and discovered a small fire in the electrical supply to an immersion heater inside an airing cupboard.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a carbon dioxide extinguisher to deal with the fire, bringing it under control by 11.30pm.
Fire damage was limited to a small section of the water cylinder and the thermostat.
While on scene, crews also fitted a smoke alarm as the existing one did not activate.
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service wish to remind householders to check their smoke detectors regularly to ensure they are working.
Comments are closed on this article.