Quick-thinking pupils call fire service after smelling smoke at Lyme Regis school (From Dorset Echo)
When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Quick-thinking pupils call fire service after smelling smoke at Lyme Regis school
12:00pm Monday 16th September 2013 in News
CHILDREN at a West Dorset school were given an impromptu fire safety talk thanks to the eyes and nose of a pupil and a teaching assistant.
Pupils at St Michael’s School in Lyme Regis had smelled smoke coming from a light fitting and called the fire brigade and evacuated the school. The fire brigade arrived shortly after and removed the offending light in which there was a little fire, caused after a light fitting had blown.
After ensuring the fire had not spread and the school was safe to return to, the firefighters gave the children a reminder of the importance of fire safety and smoke detectors.
Miss Annabelle Grose, headteacher at the school, said: “The firefighters were very impressed with how the children had reacted and how calm they all stayed.”
Comments are closed on this article.