When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Fire and Rescue Service warning on carbon monoxide danger
10:04am Friday 20th September 2013 in News
DORSET Fire and Rescue Service has have warned of the dangers of carbon monoxide for Gas Safety Week.
The third annual Gas Safety Week runs until September 22.
Kate Huelin, prevention manager at Dorset Fire and Rescue Service, said: “We would particularly like to remind Dorset residents about the dangers of carbon monoxide.
“It is an extremely poisonous gas, which does kill.
“Fitting an approved CO alarm in your home will give you an early warning that carbon monoxide is present.
“It should be tested regularly and if it activates you should evacuate the building immediately.”
She added: “The most common symptoms of CO poisoning include headaches, dizziness, tiredness and nausea.
“These symptoms are often mistaken for flu, viruses of even food poisoning.”
For more information or to find Gas Safe registered engineer visit the website GasSafeRegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500.
Comments are closed on this article.