When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Firefighters tackle Portland house fire caused by cooking
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house fire on Portland caused by cooking.
At 8.15am this morning two fire crews from Portland attended the scene at Castletown on Portland and found a fire in the kitchen of the property.
The fire was extinguished at 8.30am by smothering the fire and removing the source of heat.
The fire was believed to be accidental and caused by overheated food. It destroyed the contents of the saucepan and caused light smoke damage to the kitchen.
Residents at the property also attempted to fight the fire. Dorset Fire and Rescue Service advise members of the public to not put themselves at risk and if possible attempt to turn off the appliance or source of heat.
The service also advise the public to get out, stay out and dial 999, particularly if they have not been trained in the use of fire fighting equipment.
Comments are closed on this article.