When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Worker died after inhaling fumes
5:30am Wednesday 16th October 2013 in News
AN INQUEST jury has ruled that a worker who was overcome by fumes while fixing a slurry tank, had died accidentally.
Matthew Pitt, 29, was working on the anaerobic digester on a Dorset Farm, when the incident took place, an inquest heard.
He was taken to hospital following the incident at Lowbrook Farm, Belchalwell, in 2009, but never regained consciousness.
The inquest at Bournemouth Town Hall heard he may have removed his mask and was poisoned by hydrogen sulphide gas.
Mr Pitt, from Sturminster Newton, was given CPR and airlifted to hospital but was pronounced dead.
He had become a father eight months before he died.
A joint investigation by police and the Health and Safety Executive at the time found there was “insufficient evidence to support a prosecution for manslaughter or corporate manslaughter”.
Comments are closed on this article.