When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
UPDATE: Firefighters tackle Littlemoor kitchen fire
5:03pm Tuesday 29th October 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a kitchen fire in Littlemoor caused by unattended cooking.
One fire crew from Weymouth and one from Dorchester were sent to the scene shortly before 5pm today.
A spokesperson from the Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called by a resident of the house at 4.45pm and two fire crews were sent to the scene.
“Firefighters in breathing apparatus entered the property and extinguished the fire using two hose reel jets.
"Upon arrival the incident involved a dwelling consisting of two floors measuring six metres by six metres.
"The fire was located in the ground floor kitchen of the premises and damage was confined to the food.
"The fire was extinguished and under control by 5.06pm."
Comments are closed on this article.