Suicidal beach teen taken to hospital

Dorset Echo: Suicidal beach teen taken to hospital Suicidal beach teen taken to hospital

A TEENAGER who threatened suicide on Portland was taken to hospital.

Dorset Police asked coastguards to help find a suicidal boy on Chesil Beach close to Victoria Square, Fortuneswell.

Coastguard Rescue Officers from Portland Bill and the Weymouth Sector Manager went to look for the 17-year-old yesterday afternoon at 4.43pm.

The teenager was found before the search began and taken to hospital for treatment.

Comments (12)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:07am Fri 10 Jan 14

personal1632 says...

This story really isn't necessary. How would you feel if this was about yourself?
This story really isn't necessary. How would you feel if this was about yourself? personal1632
  • Score: 17

11:31am Fri 10 Jan 14

sarahlt says...

I hope he gets the help he needs and is not let down by the system
I hope he gets the help he needs and is not let down by the system sarahlt
  • Score: 11

4:41pm Fri 10 Jan 14

common cence says...

No need to report this; Name and shame drink drivers yes but not some one thats got problems, Also echo needs to think of next of kin they dont need to have this spread over the paper,
No need to report this; Name and shame drink drivers yes but not some one thats got problems, Also echo needs to think of next of kin they dont need to have this spread over the paper, common cence
  • Score: 8

9:49pm Fri 10 Jan 14

David_divenghy2 says...

personal1632 wrote:
This story really isn't necessary. How would you feel if this was about yourself?
It is absolutely required reading.

The number of males committing suicide or at the point of it, treated like expendable items by society, is utterly shocking. Nobody cares because it does not favour the "political agenda".
[quote][p][bold]personal1632[/bold] wrote: This story really isn't necessary. How would you feel if this was about yourself?[/p][/quote]It is absolutely required reading. The number of males committing suicide or at the point of it, treated like expendable items by society, is utterly shocking. Nobody cares because it does not favour the "political agenda". David_divenghy2
  • Score: 6

9:53pm Fri 10 Jan 14

David_divenghy2 says...

common cence wrote:
No need to report this; Name and shame drink drivers yes but not some one thats got problems, Also echo needs to think of next of kin they dont need to have this spread over the paper,
Have they given any personal details? No.

There is every reason to report this if you bothered to look at the statistics for male suicide and how it is rising rapidly, it is something that needs urgent discussion and attention.
[quote][p][bold]common cence[/bold] wrote: No need to report this; Name and shame drink drivers yes but not some one thats got problems, Also echo needs to think of next of kin they dont need to have this spread over the paper,[/p][/quote]Have they given any personal details? No. There is every reason to report this if you bothered to look at the statistics for male suicide and how it is rising rapidly, it is something that needs urgent discussion and attention. David_divenghy2
  • Score: 6

11:48pm Fri 10 Jan 14

personal1632 says...

David_divenghy2 wrote:
personal1632 wrote:
This story really isn't necessary. How would you feel if this was about yourself?
It is absolutely required reading.

The number of males committing suicide or at the point of it, treated like expendable items by society, is utterly shocking. Nobody cares because it does not favour the "political agenda".
how do you know, i was in the same position and this would have seriously detrimented my state of mind. some things are best kept quiet so the person can recover healthily
[quote][p][bold]David_divenghy2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]personal1632[/bold] wrote: This story really isn't necessary. How would you feel if this was about yourself?[/p][/quote]It is absolutely required reading. The number of males committing suicide or at the point of it, treated like expendable items by society, is utterly shocking. Nobody cares because it does not favour the "political agenda".[/p][/quote]how do you know, i was in the same position and this would have seriously detrimented my state of mind. some things are best kept quiet so the person can recover healthily personal1632
  • Score: -2

8:36am Sat 11 Jan 14

David_divenghy2 says...

personal1632 wrote:
David_divenghy2 wrote:
personal1632 wrote:
This story really isn't necessary. How would you feel if this was about yourself?
It is absolutely required reading.

The number of males committing suicide or at the point of it, treated like expendable items by society, is utterly shocking. Nobody cares because it does not favour the "political agenda".
how do you know, i was in the same position and this would have seriously detrimented my state of mind. some things are best kept quiet so the person can recover healthily
Again, no identity has been made of the person so I do not accept your point. How do they know it wasn't another person?
[quote][p][bold]personal1632[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]David_divenghy2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]personal1632[/bold] wrote: This story really isn't necessary. How would you feel if this was about yourself?[/p][/quote]It is absolutely required reading. The number of males committing suicide or at the point of it, treated like expendable items by society, is utterly shocking. Nobody cares because it does not favour the "political agenda".[/p][/quote]how do you know, i was in the same position and this would have seriously detrimented my state of mind. some things are best kept quiet so the person can recover healthily[/p][/quote]Again, no identity has been made of the person so I do not accept your point. How do they know it wasn't another person? David_divenghy2
  • Score: 0

9:57am Sat 11 Jan 14

David_divenghy2 says...

It should also be noted, apparently, our local authority who's job it is to assign resources and support to to so many young men in this position, do not even keep any such data. More reason to know of these incidents via the media so a tally can be kept and later presented to authority when asking why they are ignoring the issue and possibly to hold them to account.
It should also be noted, apparently, our local authority who's job it is to assign resources and support to to so many young men in this position, do not even keep any such data. More reason to know of these incidents via the media so a tally can be kept and later presented to authority when asking why they are ignoring the issue and possibly to hold them to account. David_divenghy2
  • Score: 0

10:59am Sat 11 Jan 14

peskykat says...

It saddens me greatly when a young man feels the need to end his life , i know of someone who ended his life , he would now be the same age
as my Nephew (25) , sadly this young man felt he hadn't achieved anything
in his life despite the fact that he was always active , had a good job and
loving family, i feel not enough is done to help men who feel sucidal as they are suppose to be strong - help needs to be readily available out there and easy access to it.
It saddens me greatly when a young man feels the need to end his life , i know of someone who ended his life , he would now be the same age as my Nephew (25) , sadly this young man felt he hadn't achieved anything in his life despite the fact that he was always active , had a good job and loving family, i feel not enough is done to help men who feel sucidal as they are suppose to be strong - help needs to be readily available out there and easy access to it. peskykat
  • Score: 3

12:51pm Mon 13 Jan 14

elloello1980 says...

David_divenghy2 wrote:
common cence wrote: No need to report this; Name and shame drink drivers yes but not some one thats got problems, Also echo needs to think of next of kin they dont need to have this spread over the paper,
Have they given any personal details? No. There is every reason to report this if you bothered to look at the statistics for male suicide and how it is rising rapidly, it is something that needs urgent discussion and attention.
go watch your Sex and the City boxset you drip ;)
[quote][p][bold]David_divenghy2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]common cence[/bold] wrote: No need to report this; Name and shame drink drivers yes but not some one thats got problems, Also echo needs to think of next of kin they dont need to have this spread over the paper,[/p][/quote]Have they given any personal details? No. There is every reason to report this if you bothered to look at the statistics for male suicide and how it is rising rapidly, it is something that needs urgent discussion and attention.[/p][/quote]go watch your Sex and the City boxset you drip ;) elloello1980
  • Score: 1

8:02pm Mon 13 Jan 14

2539 says...

elloello1980 wrote:
David_divenghy2 wrote:
common cence wrote: No need to report this; Name and shame drink drivers yes but not some one thats got problems, Also echo needs to think of next of kin they dont need to have this spread over the paper,
Have they given any personal details? No. There is every reason to report this if you bothered to look at the statistics for male suicide and how it is rising rapidly, it is something that needs urgent discussion and attention.
go watch your Sex and the City boxset you drip ;)
Amazing
[quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]David_divenghy2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]common cence[/bold] wrote: No need to report this; Name and shame drink drivers yes but not some one thats got problems, Also echo needs to think of next of kin they dont need to have this spread over the paper,[/p][/quote]Have they given any personal details? No. There is every reason to report this if you bothered to look at the statistics for male suicide and how it is rising rapidly, it is something that needs urgent discussion and attention.[/p][/quote]go watch your Sex and the City boxset you drip ;)[/p][/quote]Amazing 2539
  • Score: 0

8:06pm Mon 13 Jan 14

2539 says...

None of the content is inappropriate. When this was first published it gave away little more than there being a person in the water. No story to it what so ever until it was edited. Reporter: generous 2/10. Well done dear.
None of the content is inappropriate. When this was first published it gave away little more than there being a person in the water. No story to it what so ever until it was edited. Reporter: generous 2/10. Well done dear. 2539
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree