CIVIC chiefs in Purbeck have rubber-stamped numerous boundary changes.
Purbeck District Council met at Westport House, Worgret Road, to authorise a reorganisation order, which will affect various boundaries.
- Minor alterations to the boundary between Bere Regis, Affpuddle and Turnerspuddle Parish Council.
- Merging the parishes of Tyneham and Steeple.
- Slight changes to the Wareham St Martin Parish Council and Morden Parish Council boundary.
- Moving Forge Cottage into the Arne Parish Council area from within Wareham Town Council’s boundary.
- Changes to the boundary between Worth Matravers Parish Council and Corfe Castle Parish Council.
A report to Purbeck District Council, which members agreed, also recommended: “The submission regarding Stroud Bridge and the boundary between Wareham St Martin Parish Council and Bere Regis Parish Council is not taken further, and the existing boundary remains unchanged.”
The meeting was convened after the district council pledged to undertake a Community Governance Review (CGR).