When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Update: Crews tackle 'fiercely burning' chimney
7:44pm Monday 27th January 2014 in News
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a chimney fire at a farmhouse in North Dorset.
Crews were called to a property in Motcombe, near Shaftesbury, earlier this evening.
Retained firefighters from Shaftesbury and Gillingham stations were involved.
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said the chimney was ‘burning fiercely.’
A spokesman said it involved a log burner and the fire was located on the upper half of the ground floor chimney.
It was extinguished using hoses and a chimney kit.
Crews worked to stop embers spreading to the thatch on the property.
The brigade advises people to ensure chimneys are swept regularly.
Comments are closed on this article.