Dozens of arrests in Weymouth anti-drug operation

Dorset Echo: Dozens of arrest in Weymouth anti-drug operation Dozens of arrest in Weymouth anti-drug operation

NEARLY one hundred arrests have been made following a targeted operation to tackle drug related issues in Weymouth, police have revealed this morning.

Dorset Police said since June last year it has responded to community concerns by increasing police presence and ‘robust patrols’ in the Melcombe Regis, Nothe and Chapelhay areas of the town in order to tackle criminal activity and provide reassurance to residents.

The operation resulted in over 97 arrests and a large amount of drug seizures have also been made, including over 64 including substantial amounts of heroin, crack cocaine and cannabis and over £6,000 seized from drug dealers.

Officers have also recovered over £1,000 in stolen items.

Cannabis street cautions have been issued, along with formal anti-social behaviour dispersal notices given to those causing anti-social behaviour in a particular area.

Inspector Neil Wood, of Weymouth Police, said: “As part of an ongoing operation targeting drug related crime in the area, a team of dedicated patrol and Safer Neighbourhood Team officers have been carrying out intelligence led, high visibility patrols.

“We have been successful in obtaining anti-social behaviour orders, drug house closures and dealing with street drinkers in order to reduce crime and increase public confidence.”

Weymouth and Portland Borough Council’s spokesman for community safety Councillor Geoff Petherick said: “The borough council takes anti-social behaviour and the problems caused by substance abuse very seriously.

“We currently co-ordinate a local multi-agency forum to help resolve issues such as anti-social behaviour in the area and are working closely with Dorset Police and other partners, such as drug and alcohol support agencies, to help tackle drug issues within the borough.

“I congratulate the police on the success of this.”

Dorset Police says it will continue to work closely with a broad range of stakeholders and partners as the operation moves forward.

As well as the borough council, it will also work with the Community Safety Partnership, drug and alcohol teams, Dorset Fire and Rescue Service, the Probation Service, youth offending teams and local volunteer groups.

Local resident Martin James said: “The area has been plagued with anti-social behaviour. “I’ve witnessed prostitution, drug dealing and street drinking on a daily basis.

“Since the summer we’ve seen a real increase in police, with officers patrolling on bikes and out walking the beat. “We have noticed a significant improvement in the area.”

Insp Neil Wood added: “We take the concerns of the public very seriously and we will continue to work closely with members of the Weymouth community to keep the town safe and proactively deal with information relating to drugs offences and other criminal or anti-social behaviour.

“I would urge members of the public who may have concerns, suspicions or any information about the misuse of drugs to contact Dorset Police on 101, or the free and anonymous Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111.”

Comments (27)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:45am Wed 5 Feb 14

jjlad2 says...

Cannabis street cautions have been issued, along with formal anti-social behaviour dispersal notices given to those causing anti-social behaviour in a particular area

97 Arrest, i wonder how many prison sentances given?
Cannabis street cautions have been issued, along with formal anti-social behaviour dispersal notices given to those causing anti-social behaviour in a particular area 97 Arrest, i wonder how many prison sentances given? jjlad2

11:56am Wed 5 Feb 14

MrTomSmith says...

Bit of creative accounting, because I know one person who was arrested, kept overnight, his place searched and they found nothing. Why did they find nothing? Completely innocent that's why. So knock one of the total please.
All for good campaigns, but we know what the Police can be like when it comes to a bit of creative paperwork don't we.
Bit of creative accounting, because I know one person who was arrested, kept overnight, his place searched and they found nothing. Why did they find nothing? Completely innocent that's why. So knock one of the total please. All for good campaigns, but we know what the Police can be like when it comes to a bit of creative paperwork don't we. MrTomSmith

12:04pm Wed 5 Feb 14

JamesYoung says...

Decriminalise. It's the only option. We can't win this war.
Decriminalise. It's the only option. We can't win this war. JamesYoung

12:22pm Wed 5 Feb 14

elloello1980 says...

"Cannabis street cautions have been issued"

LOL
"Cannabis street cautions have been issued" LOL elloello1980

1:09pm Wed 5 Feb 14

Tinker2 says...

JamesYoung wrote:
Decriminalise. It's the only option. We can't win this war.
Sending drug users to prison serves no purpose. The Methodone queue in prison is longer than the one for food!
Decriminalise at the lower end of current offending and provide more practical support to help users to kick their habit and dependancy. Otherwise you have an endless cycle of repeat offending and sentancing.
[quote][p][bold]JamesYoung[/bold] wrote: Decriminalise. It's the only option. We can't win this war.[/p][/quote]Sending drug users to prison serves no purpose. The Methodone queue in prison is longer than the one for food! Decriminalise at the lower end of current offending and provide more practical support to help users to kick their habit and dependancy. Otherwise you have an endless cycle of repeat offending and sentancing. Tinker2

1:52pm Wed 5 Feb 14

RifRafDac says...

JamesYoung wrote:
Decriminalise. It's the only option. We can't win this war.
That is one of the most stupid comments I have ever seen. Shows how poorly educated you must be.
[quote][p][bold]JamesYoung[/bold] wrote: Decriminalise. It's the only option. We can't win this war.[/p][/quote]That is one of the most stupid comments I have ever seen. Shows how poorly educated you must be. RifRafDac

2:09pm Wed 5 Feb 14

melcombe boy says...

RifRafDac wrote:
JamesYoung wrote:
Decriminalise. It's the only option. We can't win this war.
That is one of the most stupid comments I have ever seen. Shows how poorly educated you must be.
I completely agree with Mr Young!
All drugs should be licensed and dealt with in exactly the same way as the drug alcohol is dealt with.
The truth is that most of the drugs that are illegal are far less harmful than alcohol. It is a ridiculous paradox. Most of you anti drug people are mostly regular users of drugs and yet you moralise. How strange!
[quote][p][bold]RifRafDac[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JamesYoung[/bold] wrote: Decriminalise. It's the only option. We can't win this war.[/p][/quote]That is one of the most stupid comments I have ever seen. Shows how poorly educated you must be.[/p][/quote]I completely agree with Mr Young! All drugs should be licensed and dealt with in exactly the same way as the drug alcohol is dealt with. The truth is that most of the drugs that are illegal are far less harmful than alcohol. It is a ridiculous paradox. Most of you anti drug people are mostly regular users of drugs and yet you moralise. How strange! melcombe boy

2:58pm Wed 5 Feb 14

elloello1980 says...

RifRafDac wrote:
JamesYoung wrote: Decriminalise. It's the only option. We can't win this war.
That is one of the most stupid comments I have ever seen. Shows how poorly educated you must be.
I think you're comment outweighs any stupidity.

educate yourself, before assuming others are not.

Either that, or go enjoy a spliff ;)
[quote][p][bold]RifRafDac[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JamesYoung[/bold] wrote: Decriminalise. It's the only option. We can't win this war.[/p][/quote]That is one of the most stupid comments I have ever seen. Shows how poorly educated you must be.[/p][/quote]I think you're comment outweighs any stupidity. educate yourself, before assuming others are not. Either that, or go enjoy a spliff ;) elloello1980

3:42pm Wed 5 Feb 14

jjlad2 says...

For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.
For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier. jjlad2

4:31pm Wed 5 Feb 14

elloello1980 says...

jjlad2 wrote:
For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.
because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people...

Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances
[quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.[/p][/quote]because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances elloello1980

4:57pm Wed 5 Feb 14

Tinker2 says...

elloello1980 wrote:
jjlad2 wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.
because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances
Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.
[quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.[/p][/quote]because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances[/p][/quote]Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white. Tinker2

5:57pm Wed 5 Feb 14

Mango man says...

MrTomSmith wrote:
Bit of creative accounting, because I know one person who was arrested, kept overnight, his place searched and they found nothing. Why did they find nothing? Completely innocent that's why. So knock one of the total please.
All for good campaigns, but we know what the Police can be like when it comes to a bit of creative paperwork don't we.
In order for his house to be searched they must've found something, no matter how small, in the first place for him to be arrested. Either you don't have the full facts or your mate is telling you porkies!
[quote][p][bold]MrTomSmith[/bold] wrote: Bit of creative accounting, because I know one person who was arrested, kept overnight, his place searched and they found nothing. Why did they find nothing? Completely innocent that's why. So knock one of the total please. All for good campaigns, but we know what the Police can be like when it comes to a bit of creative paperwork don't we.[/p][/quote]In order for his house to be searched they must've found something, no matter how small, in the first place for him to be arrested. Either you don't have the full facts or your mate is telling you porkies! Mango man

7:47pm Wed 5 Feb 14

Hippyhooker says...

MrTomSmith wrote:
Bit of creative accounting, because I know one person who was arrested, kept overnight, his place searched and they found nothing. Why did they find nothing? Completely innocent that's why. So knock one of the total please.
All for good campaigns, but we know what the Police can be like when it comes to a bit of creative paperwork don't we.
He must have been arrested for a reason, and just because a search came up blank doesn't prove he was innocent, just clever!
[quote][p][bold]MrTomSmith[/bold] wrote: Bit of creative accounting, because I know one person who was arrested, kept overnight, his place searched and they found nothing. Why did they find nothing? Completely innocent that's why. So knock one of the total please. All for good campaigns, but we know what the Police can be like when it comes to a bit of creative paperwork don't we.[/p][/quote]He must have been arrested for a reason, and just because a search came up blank doesn't prove he was innocent, just clever! Hippyhooker

7:50am Thu 6 Feb 14

jjlad2 says...

Tinker2 wrote:
elloello1980 wrote:
jjlad2 wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.
because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances
Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.
Let me make it a bit clearer then, everyone CONVICTED of the above when using cocaine should be sent to an island. your views would be different if you had been on the recieveing end of any of these crimes.
[quote][p][bold]Tinker2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.[/p][/quote]because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances[/p][/quote]Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.[/p][/quote]Let me make it a bit clearer then, everyone CONVICTED of the above when using cocaine should be sent to an island. your views would be different if you had been on the recieveing end of any of these crimes. jjlad2

10:58am Thu 6 Feb 14

elloello1980 says...

jjlad2 wrote:
Tinker2 wrote:
elloello1980 wrote:
jjlad2 wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.
because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances
Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.
Let me make it a bit clearer then, everyone CONVICTED of the above when using cocaine should be sent to an island. your views would be different if you had been on the recieveing end of any of these crimes.
You've been raped, stabbed and robbed by someone who was high on drugs?

I would understand your anger if that's the case.

However, take the drugs out of the equation, and a crime is still a crime.
[quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tinker2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.[/p][/quote]because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances[/p][/quote]Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.[/p][/quote]Let me make it a bit clearer then, everyone CONVICTED of the above when using cocaine should be sent to an island. your views would be different if you had been on the recieveing end of any of these crimes.[/p][/quote]You've been raped, stabbed and robbed by someone who was high on drugs? I would understand your anger if that's the case. However, take the drugs out of the equation, and a crime is still a crime. elloello1980

11:06am Thu 6 Feb 14

jjlad2 says...

jjlad2 wrote:
Tinker2 wrote:
elloello1980 wrote:
jjlad2 wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.
because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances
Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.
Let me make it a bit clearer then, everyone CONVICTED of the above when using cocaine should be sent to an island. your views would be different if you had been on the recieveing end of any of these crimes.
And yes, i do put Nigella Lawson in the same camp, Why? simple, because she is keeping the suppliers in buisness of ruining lives, no matter how much she takes, and we all know that Crack only esculates to someones downfall eventually, and 99% of the time the damage is done before they seek help, and 99% of the time, this is at the expence of the decent hard working people they have wronged. and before you mention Alcohol, totally agree, if convicted of the above, ship them thier too. do gooders be warned, were fed up of the namby state and keeping you in worthless jobs, your success rate is less than 25%.
[quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tinker2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.[/p][/quote]because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances[/p][/quote]Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.[/p][/quote]Let me make it a bit clearer then, everyone CONVICTED of the above when using cocaine should be sent to an island. your views would be different if you had been on the recieveing end of any of these crimes.[/p][/quote]And yes, i do put Nigella Lawson in the same camp, Why? simple, because she is keeping the suppliers in buisness of ruining lives, no matter how much she takes, and we all know that Crack only esculates to someones downfall eventually, and 99% of the time the damage is done before they seek help, and 99% of the time, this is at the expence of the decent hard working people they have wronged. and before you mention Alcohol, totally agree, if convicted of the above, ship them thier too. do gooders be warned, were fed up of the namby state and keeping you in worthless jobs, your success rate is less than 25%. jjlad2

11:13am Thu 6 Feb 14

jjlad2 says...

elloello1980 wrote:
jjlad2 wrote:
Tinker2 wrote:
elloello1980 wrote:
jjlad2 wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.
because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances
Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.
Let me make it a bit clearer then, everyone CONVICTED of the above when using cocaine should be sent to an island. your views would be different if you had been on the recieveing end of any of these crimes.
You've been raped, stabbed and robbed by someone who was high on drugs? I would understand your anger if that's the case. However, take the drugs out of the equation, and a crime is still a crime.
Yet again, you have not thought through your statement very clearly have you, the subject regards crimes being commited by those on drugs, perhaps if you took away the crack, you take away the crime, how you ask? stick them on an island, its just like a fire, take one of the supplies away you have no fire, same as if you have no purchaser, you dont need a supplier. the issue lies around how to deal with the purchaser, and quite frankly, its obliviously not with community orders is it
[quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tinker2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.[/p][/quote]because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances[/p][/quote]Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.[/p][/quote]Let me make it a bit clearer then, everyone CONVICTED of the above when using cocaine should be sent to an island. your views would be different if you had been on the recieveing end of any of these crimes.[/p][/quote]You've been raped, stabbed and robbed by someone who was high on drugs? I would understand your anger if that's the case. However, take the drugs out of the equation, and a crime is still a crime.[/p][/quote]Yet again, you have not thought through your statement very clearly have you, the subject regards crimes being commited by those on drugs, perhaps if you took away the crack, you take away the crime, how you ask? stick them on an island, its just like a fire, take one of the supplies away you have no fire, same as if you have no purchaser, you dont need a supplier. the issue lies around how to deal with the purchaser, and quite frankly, its obliviously not with community orders is it jjlad2

12:20pm Thu 6 Feb 14

elloello1980 says...

jjlad2 wrote:
elloello1980 wrote:
jjlad2 wrote:
Tinker2 wrote:
elloello1980 wrote:
jjlad2 wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.
because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances
Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.
Let me make it a bit clearer then, everyone CONVICTED of the above when using cocaine should be sent to an island. your views would be different if you had been on the recieveing end of any of these crimes.
You've been raped, stabbed and robbed by someone who was high on drugs? I would understand your anger if that's the case. However, take the drugs out of the equation, and a crime is still a crime.
Yet again, you have not thought through your statement very clearly have you, the subject regards crimes being commited by those on drugs, perhaps if you took away the crack, you take away the crime, how you ask? stick them on an island, its just like a fire, take one of the supplies away you have no fire, same as if you have no purchaser, you dont need a supplier. the issue lies around how to deal with the purchaser, and quite frankly, its obliviously not with community orders is it
There is no mention of such crimes in this story, rather the crime being drug use. I suggest you re-read the story ;)

Good job you only have the power to write on this thread, and not change the law
[quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tinker2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.[/p][/quote]because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances[/p][/quote]Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.[/p][/quote]Let me make it a bit clearer then, everyone CONVICTED of the above when using cocaine should be sent to an island. your views would be different if you had been on the recieveing end of any of these crimes.[/p][/quote]You've been raped, stabbed and robbed by someone who was high on drugs? I would understand your anger if that's the case. However, take the drugs out of the equation, and a crime is still a crime.[/p][/quote]Yet again, you have not thought through your statement very clearly have you, the subject regards crimes being commited by those on drugs, perhaps if you took away the crack, you take away the crime, how you ask? stick them on an island, its just like a fire, take one of the supplies away you have no fire, same as if you have no purchaser, you dont need a supplier. the issue lies around how to deal with the purchaser, and quite frankly, its obliviously not with community orders is it[/p][/quote]There is no mention of such crimes in this story, rather the crime being drug use. I suggest you re-read the story ;) Good job you only have the power to write on this thread, and not change the law elloello1980

12:51pm Thu 6 Feb 14

elloello1980 says...

jjlad2 wrote:
jjlad2 wrote:
Tinker2 wrote:
elloello1980 wrote:
jjlad2 wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.
because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances
Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.
Let me make it a bit clearer then, everyone CONVICTED of the above when using cocaine should be sent to an island. your views would be different if you had been on the recieveing end of any of these crimes.
And yes, i do put Nigella Lawson in the same camp, Why? simple, because she is keeping the suppliers in buisness of ruining lives, no matter how much she takes, and we all know that Crack only esculates to someones downfall eventually, and 99% of the time the damage is done before they seek help, and 99% of the time, this is at the expence of the decent hard working people they have wronged. and before you mention Alcohol, totally agree, if convicted of the above, ship them thier too. do gooders be warned, were fed up of the namby state and keeping you in worthless jobs, your success rate is less than 25%.
99% of statistics are made up ;)
[quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tinker2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.[/p][/quote]because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances[/p][/quote]Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.[/p][/quote]Let me make it a bit clearer then, everyone CONVICTED of the above when using cocaine should be sent to an island. your views would be different if you had been on the recieveing end of any of these crimes.[/p][/quote]And yes, i do put Nigella Lawson in the same camp, Why? simple, because she is keeping the suppliers in buisness of ruining lives, no matter how much she takes, and we all know that Crack only esculates to someones downfall eventually, and 99% of the time the damage is done before they seek help, and 99% of the time, this is at the expence of the decent hard working people they have wronged. and before you mention Alcohol, totally agree, if convicted of the above, ship them thier too. do gooders be warned, were fed up of the namby state and keeping you in worthless jobs, your success rate is less than 25%.[/p][/quote]99% of statistics are made up ;) elloello1980

8:16am Fri 7 Feb 14

jjlad2 says...

elloello1980 wrote:
jjlad2 wrote:
elloello1980 wrote:
jjlad2 wrote:
Tinker2 wrote:
elloello1980 wrote:
jjlad2 wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.
because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances
Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.
Let me make it a bit clearer then, everyone CONVICTED of the above when using cocaine should be sent to an island. your views would be different if you had been on the recieveing end of any of these crimes.
You've been raped, stabbed and robbed by someone who was high on drugs? I would understand your anger if that's the case. However, take the drugs out of the equation, and a crime is still a crime.
Yet again, you have not thought through your statement very clearly have you, the subject regards crimes being commited by those on drugs, perhaps if you took away the crack, you take away the crime, how you ask? stick them on an island, its just like a fire, take one of the supplies away you have no fire, same as if you have no purchaser, you dont need a supplier. the issue lies around how to deal with the purchaser, and quite frankly, its obliviously not with community orders is it
There is no mention of such crimes in this story, rather the crime being drug use. I suggest you re-read the story ;) Good job you only have the power to write on this thread, and not change the law
No Mention of crime in this thread? i thought i made it specific when i said robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed, or perhaps you do not consider these crimes?
But i expect because you have no good reason to debate, you angled your reply to the main story........ and i would also correct you on the power to change the law, we are a democratic nation, which means if the correct political party were to bring back the death penalty, they would get half the nations vote for sure, mine being one of them, so hence i have the power.
it also does not matter in your previous post if any of this things happened to me, and nor should it you, unless of course you believe thier is a perfectly good reason why these trash carry out these crimes?
[quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tinker2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: For those that are interested, legalise the harmless spliff, but anyone caught with Cocain needs to be thrown on an island and left to fend for themselves, they will either do or die, i have not one ounce of sympathy for them, nor have all the other decent hard working people who have either been robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed by these animals. Help Them my A**, they want that path, put them where it only affects thier own kind. and before you comment on Alcohol, anyone convicted of the above should also be sent thier.[/p][/quote]because every user of Cocaine robs, rapes and knifes people... Silly comment. A rapist, burglar or knife wielding crazy man deserve the same punishment, regardless of whether they use any substances[/p][/quote]Do you put Nigella Lawson in the same camp? Not everything is either black or white.[/p][/quote]Let me make it a bit clearer then, everyone CONVICTED of the above when using cocaine should be sent to an island. your views would be different if you had been on the recieveing end of any of these crimes.[/p][/quote]You've been raped, stabbed and robbed by someone who was high on drugs? I would understand your anger if that's the case. However, take the drugs out of the equation, and a crime is still a crime.[/p][/quote]Yet again, you have not thought through your statement very clearly have you, the subject regards crimes being commited by those on drugs, perhaps if you took away the crack, you take away the crime, how you ask? stick them on an island, its just like a fire, take one of the supplies away you have no fire, same as if you have no purchaser, you dont need a supplier. the issue lies around how to deal with the purchaser, and quite frankly, its obliviously not with community orders is it[/p][/quote]There is no mention of such crimes in this story, rather the crime being drug use. I suggest you re-read the story ;) Good job you only have the power to write on this thread, and not change the law[/p][/quote]No Mention of crime in this thread? i thought i made it specific when i said robbed, raped, knifed, run over or killed, or perhaps you do not consider these crimes? But i expect because you have no good reason to debate, you angled your reply to the main story........ and i would also correct you on the power to change the law, we are a democratic nation, which means if the correct political party were to bring back the death penalty, they would get half the nations vote for sure, mine being one of them, so hence i have the power. it also does not matter in your previous post if any of this things happened to me, and nor should it you, unless of course you believe thier is a perfectly good reason why these trash carry out these crimes? jjlad2

11:22am Fri 7 Feb 14

elloello1980 says...

you seem like you need a big hug...

Yes, there are no "such" crimes in this story. the crimes are use of drugs, not raping, robbing or stabbing.

But hey ho, you're doing a great job of convincing all of your suggested punishment.

Enjoy the weekend, and keep looking over your shoulder for them rapists, robbers and stabbers ;)
you seem like you need a big hug... Yes, there are no "such" crimes in this story. the crimes are use of drugs, not raping, robbing or stabbing. But hey ho, you're doing a great job of convincing all of your suggested punishment. Enjoy the weekend, and keep looking over your shoulder for them rapists, robbers and stabbers ;) elloello1980

12:14pm Fri 7 Feb 14

jjlad2 says...

elloello1980 wrote:
you seem like you need a big hug... Yes, there are no "such" crimes in this story. the crimes are use of drugs, not raping, robbing or stabbing. But hey ho, you're doing a great job of convincing all of your suggested punishment. Enjoy the weekend, and keep looking over your shoulder for them rapists, robbers and stabbers ;)
As i expected, a troll without a brain, just like all the previous post's you quote on, little or no input as you cannot grasp debate, so ignorance becomes you. i will have a great week end thanks, relaxing in my Villa in the Sun, and no, dont need a hug, have all the love i need. what you got lol?
[quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: you seem like you need a big hug... Yes, there are no "such" crimes in this story. the crimes are use of drugs, not raping, robbing or stabbing. But hey ho, you're doing a great job of convincing all of your suggested punishment. Enjoy the weekend, and keep looking over your shoulder for them rapists, robbers and stabbers ;)[/p][/quote]As i expected, a troll without a brain, just like all the previous post's you quote on, little or no input as you cannot grasp debate, so ignorance becomes you. i will have a great week end thanks, relaxing in my Villa in the Sun, and no, dont need a hug, have all the love i need. what you got lol? jjlad2

2:05pm Fri 7 Feb 14

elloello1980 says...

jjlad2 wrote:
elloello1980 wrote: you seem like you need a big hug... Yes, there are no "such" crimes in this story. the crimes are use of drugs, not raping, robbing or stabbing. But hey ho, you're doing a great job of convincing all of your suggested punishment. Enjoy the weekend, and keep looking over your shoulder for them rapists, robbers and stabbers ;)
As i expected, a troll without a brain, just like all the previous post's you quote on, little or no input as you cannot grasp debate, so ignorance becomes you. i will have a great week end thanks, relaxing in my Villa in the Sun, and no, dont need a hug, have all the love i need. what you got lol?
you spend time in the sun on the Dorset Echo site? lol

Another poor come back, about me being a troll.

Plain for all to see you're wrong.

now i'm off to sunny Australia, on my private jet with my top model girlfriend. enjoy your villa ;)
[quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: you seem like you need a big hug... Yes, there are no "such" crimes in this story. the crimes are use of drugs, not raping, robbing or stabbing. But hey ho, you're doing a great job of convincing all of your suggested punishment. Enjoy the weekend, and keep looking over your shoulder for them rapists, robbers and stabbers ;)[/p][/quote]As i expected, a troll without a brain, just like all the previous post's you quote on, little or no input as you cannot grasp debate, so ignorance becomes you. i will have a great week end thanks, relaxing in my Villa in the Sun, and no, dont need a hug, have all the love i need. what you got lol?[/p][/quote]you spend time in the sun on the Dorset Echo site? lol Another poor come back, about me being a troll. Plain for all to see you're wrong. now i'm off to sunny Australia, on my private jet with my top model girlfriend. enjoy your villa ;) elloello1980

2:44pm Fri 7 Feb 14

jjlad2 says...

elloello1980 wrote:
jjlad2 wrote:
elloello1980 wrote: you seem like you need a big hug... Yes, there are no "such" crimes in this story. the crimes are use of drugs, not raping, robbing or stabbing. But hey ho, you're doing a great job of convincing all of your suggested punishment. Enjoy the weekend, and keep looking over your shoulder for them rapists, robbers and stabbers ;)
As i expected, a troll without a brain, just like all the previous post's you quote on, little or no input as you cannot grasp debate, so ignorance becomes you. i will have a great week end thanks, relaxing in my Villa in the Sun, and no, dont need a hug, have all the love i need. what you got lol?
you spend time in the sun on the Dorset Echo site? lol Another poor come back, about me being a troll. Plain for all to see you're wrong. now i'm off to sunny Australia, on my private jet with my top model girlfriend. enjoy your villa ;)
More like off to a village on your own, but hopefully, posters like myself will no longer respond to your futile one liners.

I expect your wishing you stayed at school and recived some education now lol, as i'm actually suprised you can use a Computer or do you have help with that also.

Bye Bye trollie.............
[quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: you seem like you need a big hug... Yes, there are no "such" crimes in this story. the crimes are use of drugs, not raping, robbing or stabbing. But hey ho, you're doing a great job of convincing all of your suggested punishment. Enjoy the weekend, and keep looking over your shoulder for them rapists, robbers and stabbers ;)[/p][/quote]As i expected, a troll without a brain, just like all the previous post's you quote on, little or no input as you cannot grasp debate, so ignorance becomes you. i will have a great week end thanks, relaxing in my Villa in the Sun, and no, dont need a hug, have all the love i need. what you got lol?[/p][/quote]you spend time in the sun on the Dorset Echo site? lol Another poor come back, about me being a troll. Plain for all to see you're wrong. now i'm off to sunny Australia, on my private jet with my top model girlfriend. enjoy your villa ;)[/p][/quote]More like off to a village on your own, but hopefully, posters like myself will no longer respond to your futile one liners. I expect your wishing you stayed at school and recived some education now lol, as i'm actually suprised you can use a Computer or do you have help with that also. Bye Bye trollie............. jjlad2

8:55pm Fri 7 Feb 14

JamesYoung says...

RifRafDac wrote:
JamesYoung wrote:
Decriminalise. It's the only option. We can't win this war.
That is one of the most stupid comments I have ever seen. Shows how poorly educated you must be.
Actually, i have a master's degree. It taught me to think for myself.
Nearly all of the problems associated with drugs that affect the rest of us arise because drugs are illegal. If drugs were legal, you would not have criminal gangs, violence, theft, etc.
You can never stamp out drug use. They execute people every week in Saudi Arabia but even this doesn't stop it.
So you are left with a choice. Either legalise all forms of drugs, then you control quality and revenues and can use the taxes on those revenues to fund education programmes....along the way saving lives.
Or continue to spend millions on something that you can never get rid of, criminalising people for minor offences (think about it: getting caught with a bag of weed can ruin your career, stop you even travelling to some countries - but you can walk past a copper with a bagful of whiskey) and suffering all of the consequences.
I suggest watching this retired police captain's view on the war on drugs. You may just learn something:
http://www.youtube.c
om/watch?v=W8yYJ_oV6
xk
(PS: i do not and have not used drugs apart from a couple of drags when i was younger - which made me sick enough not to do it again)
[quote][p][bold]RifRafDac[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JamesYoung[/bold] wrote: Decriminalise. It's the only option. We can't win this war.[/p][/quote]That is one of the most stupid comments I have ever seen. Shows how poorly educated you must be.[/p][/quote]Actually, i have a master's degree. It taught me to think for myself. Nearly all of the problems associated with drugs that affect the rest of us arise because drugs are illegal. If drugs were legal, you would not have criminal gangs, violence, theft, etc. You can never stamp out drug use. They execute people every week in Saudi Arabia but even this doesn't stop it. So you are left with a choice. Either legalise all forms of drugs, then you control quality and revenues and can use the taxes on those revenues to fund education programmes....along the way saving lives. Or continue to spend millions on something that you can never get rid of, criminalising people for minor offences (think about it: getting caught with a bag of weed can ruin your career, stop you even travelling to some countries - but you can walk past a copper with a bagful of whiskey) and suffering all of the consequences. I suggest watching this retired police captain's view on the war on drugs. You may just learn something: http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=W8yYJ_oV6 xk (PS: i do not and have not used drugs apart from a couple of drags when i was younger - which made me sick enough not to do it again) JamesYoung

8:06am Mon 10 Feb 14

Parkstreetshufle says...

jjlad2 wrote:
Cannabis street cautions have been issued, along with formal anti-social behaviour dispersal notices given to those causing anti-social behaviour in a particular area

97 Arrest, i wonder how many prison sentances given?
I don't know - but do you want to foot the bill for people in prison over a minor offence? I know I don't. I already pay enough tax thanks.
[quote][p][bold]jjlad2[/bold] wrote: Cannabis street cautions have been issued, along with formal anti-social behaviour dispersal notices given to those causing anti-social behaviour in a particular area 97 Arrest, i wonder how many prison sentances given?[/p][/quote]I don't know - but do you want to foot the bill for people in prison over a minor offence? I know I don't. I already pay enough tax thanks. Parkstreetshufle

8:15am Mon 10 Feb 14

Parkstreetshufle says...

RifRafDac wrote:
JamesYoung wrote:
Decriminalise. It's the only option. We can't win this war.
That is one of the most stupid comments I have ever seen. Shows how poorly educated you must be.
Actually I think you will find jamesyoung is perfectly correct and it's you that uneducated.
Criminalising cannabis use results in higher taxes and makes morons like you think that the country is returning to some golden era where everybody can leave their front door open at night. Well it's not going to happen my friend. Cannabis is far less detrimental than alcohol. We should be taxing it, not criminalising it. Wake up.
You want to complain about something - try complaining about the relaxation of the gambling laws that sees companies like betfair being able to sell something that's worse than class a drug addiction. Make yourself useful...
[quote][p][bold]RifRafDac[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JamesYoung[/bold] wrote: Decriminalise. It's the only option. We can't win this war.[/p][/quote]That is one of the most stupid comments I have ever seen. Shows how poorly educated you must be.[/p][/quote]Actually I think you will find jamesyoung is perfectly correct and it's you that uneducated. Criminalising cannabis use results in higher taxes and makes morons like you think that the country is returning to some golden era where everybody can leave their front door open at night. Well it's not going to happen my friend. Cannabis is far less detrimental than alcohol. We should be taxing it, not criminalising it. Wake up. You want to complain about something - try complaining about the relaxation of the gambling laws that sees companies like betfair being able to sell something that's worse than class a drug addiction. Make yourself useful... Parkstreetshufle

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree