Dorset County Hospital patient calls 999 from hospital bed

Dorset Echo: DESPERATE: Peter Tizzard. DESPERATE: Peter Tizzard.

A CANCER patient says he was forced to dial 999 to get help – from his hospital bed.

Peter Tizzard, who was staying at Dorset County Hospital, says he shouted out and rang his call bell when his pain became ‘extreme’ and a drip began to overflow, soaking him in cold liquid.

The 73-year-old, who has prostate cancer, says that he thought dialling the emergency number was his ‘only chance of help’ when no one came to his aid.

Mr Tizzard, from Weymouth said: “I kept shouting but no one was coming,” he said.

“I don’t know how long I was shouting for.

“I thought, ‘What am I going to do?’ “Calling 999 was the only way someone was coming to help me.”

Mr Tizzard says he had also been left ‘stranded’ on a commode earlier the same day.

Wife Maureen, also 73, said she entered the ward to visit Mr Tizzard at around 8am and could ‘hear him shouting out’ from his room. She said: “He was sat on the commode, out of his bed with hardly anything on, shouting out for someone to come and help and he was in so much pain.

“Even if staff were tied up you would have thought someone could go and say, ‘I’ll be with you in a minute’.”

The couple have praised the workers that they have come into contact with during Mr Tizzard’s illness but say there aren’t enough members of staff to cope with demand.

Mrs Tizzard said that when nurses have attended her husband they have been ‘kind and helpful’.

Mr Tizzard added: “I think the chief executive Jean O’Callaghan has done a wonderful job.

“All the nursing staff, the doctors, have all been wonderful too.

“They just don’t have enough staff.

“They’re run ragged.”

Mr Tizzard added: “There might be four nursing staff and I would say they are having to look after between 28 and 34 people.

“How can you expect them to be able to do that?”

He said during various trips to the hospital he had been treated by members of staff who had to come from Bournemouth to cover. The incident happened on Friday, March 29.

A spokesman for Dorset County Hospital said: “There was not an issue with staffing on Lulworth Ward that day.

“We understand that Mr Tizzard felt the ward was very busy and believed it would help ward staff if he called 999.

“The matron and ward sister both met with Mr Tizzard and ensured he was able to contact them directly if he felt he was not being attended to promptly enough. All patients do have call bells if they require attention.”

Comments (51)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:09am Mon 7 Apr 14

cj07589 says...

Poor chap, what on earth are they doing in the NHS these days!
Poor chap, what on earth are they doing in the NHS these days! cj07589
  • Score: 23

6:41am Mon 7 Apr 14

ThomasFairfax says...

A worrying example of what we should all hope is a rare event in today's NHS.
A worrying example of what we should all hope is a rare event in today's NHS. ThomasFairfax
  • Score: 25

7:27am Mon 7 Apr 14

sunny1966 says...

according to him he rang his bell. I wish these people in management positions would stop making excuses and actually face up to the truth. I said it in an article four weeks ago, DCH was one of the best but it has very fast gone down hill and it is worrying, im a patient there I attend 5 times a week and over the months have seen first hand the drop in patient care and the increase in bad attitude by the nursing staff because they are over stretched. care is not what it was. like I said in my earlier article, its only a matter of time before we start seeing patients left on trolleys again in corridors. I really do wish these sisters and matrons and all above them would stop closing ranks and actually be truthful.
according to him he rang his bell. I wish these people in management positions would stop making excuses and actually face up to the truth. I said it in an article four weeks ago, DCH was one of the best but it has very fast gone down hill and it is worrying, im a patient there I attend 5 times a week and over the months have seen first hand the drop in patient care and the increase in bad attitude by the nursing staff because they are over stretched. care is not what it was. like I said in my earlier article, its only a matter of time before we start seeing patients left on trolleys again in corridors. I really do wish these sisters and matrons and all above them would stop closing ranks and actually be truthful. sunny1966
  • Score: 28

7:33am Mon 7 Apr 14

islandman says...

Been there, done that and have rung the bell and waited and waited.

It actually worries me that I no longer have faith in those which hold us to ransom.
Been there, done that and have rung the bell and waited and waited. It actually worries me that I no longer have faith in those which hold us to ransom. islandman
  • Score: 32

9:01am Mon 7 Apr 14

Bumpkin says...

To have an 'issue' is a classic NHS response. It means we know all about it and have done for some time and will not be doing anything about it. Come on newspaper, dig deeper, find out the actual staffing levels on our hospital's wards compared with the national standard and publish the facts.
To have an 'issue' is a classic NHS response. It means we know all about it and have done for some time and will not be doing anything about it. Come on newspaper, dig deeper, find out the actual staffing levels on our hospital's wards compared with the national standard and publish the facts. Bumpkin
  • Score: 27

9:20am Mon 7 Apr 14

mr commonsense says...

Suspect this man is a member of one of the Unions. Don't believe a word of it.
Suspect this man is a member of one of the Unions. Don't believe a word of it. mr commonsense
  • Score: -70

9:28am Mon 7 Apr 14

islandman says...

Whether he is or not, that should have no bearing on the level of care he did or did not receive.

It might interest you to know that in one particular ward, at night, when one of the doors is positioned correctly, you are able to see in the reflection things you might not wish to see. Should that happen again, I would have no hesitation to make it known.
Whether he is or not, that should have no bearing on the level of care he did or did not receive. It might interest you to know that in one particular ward, at night, when one of the doors is positioned correctly, you are able to see in the reflection things you might not wish to see. Should that happen again, I would have no hesitation to make it known. islandman
  • Score: 11

9:47am Mon 7 Apr 14

Get_some_perspective says...

http://www.dorsetech
o.co.uk/news/1103341
5.Weymouth_grandfath
er_s_embarrassment_a
t_prescription_mix_u
p/

http://www.dorsetech
o.co.uk/news/9102028
.Weymouth_grandad_ba
rricades_in_water_co
mpany_workers/

http://www.dorsetech
o.co.uk/news/4492983
.Businessman_angry_a
fter_getting_ticket_
on_broken_down_car/

One man news source!
http://www.dorsetech o.co.uk/news/1103341 5.Weymouth_grandfath er_s_embarrassment_a t_prescription_mix_u p/ http://www.dorsetech o.co.uk/news/9102028 .Weymouth_grandad_ba rricades_in_water_co mpany_workers/ http://www.dorsetech o.co.uk/news/4492983 .Businessman_angry_a fter_getting_ticket_ on_broken_down_car/ One man news source! Get_some_perspective
  • Score: 15

9:49am Mon 7 Apr 14

Get_some_perspective says...

http://www.dorsetech
o.co.uk/news/2325989
.WAR_HISTORY_IN_MY_O
WN_GARDEN_/

http://www.dorsetech
o.co.uk/archive/2002
/10/25/5384428.Coupl
e_cash_in_on_strikin
g_appliance/

http://www.dorsetech
o.co.uk/archive/2002
/10/25/5384428.Coupl
e_cash_in_on_strikin
g_appliance/

In the words of Jimmy Crickett - and there's more.
http://www.dorsetech o.co.uk/news/2325989 .WAR_HISTORY_IN_MY_O WN_GARDEN_/ http://www.dorsetech o.co.uk/archive/2002 /10/25/5384428.Coupl e_cash_in_on_strikin g_appliance/ http://www.dorsetech o.co.uk/archive/2002 /10/25/5384428.Coupl e_cash_in_on_strikin g_appliance/ In the words of Jimmy Crickett - and there's more. Get_some_perspective
  • Score: 10

10:27am Mon 7 Apr 14

portlandresident says...

A spokesman for Dorset County Hospital said: “There was not an issue with staffing on Lulworth Ward that day".

Then why did the man get no answer from his calls for help?

Did this spokesman give this quote from their holiday villa in Spain? I think they probably did.

As much as I hate to involve politics, it's the cuts that's doing this. Plain and simple. There's simply not enough staff, and not enough money to pay them. It's terrible that this man had to call 999, because that clearly was the last resort - but a useful tool in highlighting the clear staffing issue that must exist. Otherwise, he'd not have told the Echo about it!
A spokesman for Dorset County Hospital said: “There was not an issue with staffing on Lulworth Ward that day". Then why did the man get no answer from his calls for help? Did this spokesman give this quote from their holiday villa in Spain? I think they probably did. As much as I hate to involve politics, it's the cuts that's doing this. Plain and simple. There's simply not enough staff, and not enough money to pay them. It's terrible that this man had to call 999, because that clearly was the last resort - but a useful tool in highlighting the clear staffing issue that must exist. Otherwise, he'd not have told the Echo about it! portlandresident
  • Score: 10

10:51am Mon 7 Apr 14

Tim4wfc says...

mr commonsense wrote:
Suspect this man is a member of one of the Unions. Don't believe a word of it.
What a dreadful thing to write. You should feel thoroughly ashamed.
[quote][p][bold]mr commonsense[/bold] wrote: Suspect this man is a member of one of the Unions. Don't believe a word of it.[/p][/quote]What a dreadful thing to write. You should feel thoroughly ashamed. Tim4wfc
  • Score: 22

11:06am Mon 7 Apr 14

portlandboy says...

I've been an in-patient on many of the wards at DCH over a number of years. As such, I can absolutely confirm that almost every "issue" the patients experience is down to a low staffing situation.
I have experienced waiting for pain relief for a number of hours due to too much work and too few staff. I have watched fully compos-mentis old men get left in pools of their own mess after ringing their bell due to too few nurses having too many patients. I have listened to the only TWO staff working on a ward at night trying to communicate with each other but failing because one spoke an Asian language while the other spoke a South American language and neither could quite understand each others' English.
Staffing levels are at best barely adequate and more generally poor. The only time I've seen a good number of staff on duty happened to be the day that the Nursing Manager was visiting the wards with Robin SeQueira who, coincidently, exited pretty quickly when he heard what amount of cuts were going to be made at DCH.
He could foresee this "issue" back in 2009.
I've been an in-patient on many of the wards at DCH over a number of years. As such, I can absolutely confirm that almost every "issue" the patients experience is down to a low staffing situation. I have experienced waiting for pain relief for a number of hours due to too much work and too few staff. I have watched fully compos-mentis old men get left in pools of their own mess after ringing their bell due to too few nurses having too many patients. I have listened to the only TWO staff working on a ward at night trying to communicate with each other but failing because one spoke an Asian language while the other spoke a South American language and neither could quite understand each others' English. Staffing levels are at best barely adequate and more generally poor. The only time I've seen a good number of staff on duty happened to be the day that the Nursing Manager was visiting the wards with Robin SeQueira who, coincidently, exited pretty quickly when he heard what amount of cuts were going to be made at DCH. He could foresee this "issue" back in 2009. portlandboy
  • Score: 12

11:08am Mon 7 Apr 14

Sigurd Hoeberth says...

Awww so much for all that "Angels" propaganda eh?

Sorry but the times I have been in DCH I have observed them closely and they spend plenty of time NATTERING around the central desk etc. Bring back old style Ward Sisters and put these cupcakes in order, hospital is no place for social chit-chat and chocolate eating.
Awww so much for all that "Angels" propaganda eh? Sorry but the times I have been in DCH I have observed them closely and they spend plenty of time NATTERING around the central desk etc. Bring back old style Ward Sisters and put these cupcakes in order, hospital is no place for social chit-chat and chocolate eating. Sigurd Hoeberth
  • Score: 32

12:32pm Mon 7 Apr 14

fancyabrew says...

'We understand that Mr Tizzard felt the ward was very busy and believed it would help ward staff if he called 999.'

NO! As I read the article Mr Tizzard felt he had no alternative but to call 999. How can any problem be addressed if the first theing hospital management do is to reinturpret it in a manner that suites them. The spokesman who made the above comment is clearly not fit to hold any position of responsibility, in the public or private sectors.
'We understand that Mr Tizzard felt the ward was very busy and believed it would help ward staff if he called 999.' NO! As I read the article Mr Tizzard felt he had no alternative but to call 999. How can any problem be addressed if the first theing hospital management do is to reinturpret it in a manner that suites them. The spokesman who made the above comment is clearly not fit to hold any position of responsibility, in the public or private sectors. fancyabrew
  • Score: 21

1:14pm Mon 7 Apr 14

7drawers says...

I recently spent 7 hours on the Fortuneswell cancer ward. In those few hours I reckon I have at least 7 reasons to complain, nursing was not done as it should have been and while I am glad that the staff all get on I dont want to be able to hear a discussion on what one should wear to a wedding, easpcially not a discussion that lasted ovet half an hour. And no I didnt ring my bell as it was never placed in my reach.
I recently spent 7 hours on the Fortuneswell cancer ward. In those few hours I reckon I have at least 7 reasons to complain, nursing was not done as it should have been and while I am glad that the staff all get on I dont want to be able to hear a discussion on what one should wear to a wedding, easpcially not a discussion that lasted ovet half an hour. And no I didnt ring my bell as it was never placed in my reach. 7drawers
  • Score: 21

2:52pm Mon 7 Apr 14

marabout says...

Get_some_perspective wrote:
http://www.dorsetech o.co.uk/news/2325989 .WAR_HISTORY_IN_MY_O WN_GARDEN_/ http://www.dorsetech o.co.uk/archive/2002 /10/25/5384428.Coupl e_cash_in_on_strikin g_appliance/ http://www.dorsetech o.co.uk/archive/2002 /10/25/5384428.Coupl e_cash_in_on_strikin g_appliance/ In the words of Jimmy Crickett - and there's more.
Who is Jimmy Cricket?
[quote][p][bold]Get_some_perspective[/bold] wrote: http://www.dorsetech o.co.uk/news/2325989 .WAR_HISTORY_IN_MY_O WN_GARDEN_/ http://www.dorsetech o.co.uk/archive/2002 /10/25/5384428.Coupl e_cash_in_on_strikin g_appliance/ http://www.dorsetech o.co.uk/archive/2002 /10/25/5384428.Coupl e_cash_in_on_strikin g_appliance/ In the words of Jimmy Crickett - and there's more.[/p][/quote]Who is Jimmy Cricket? marabout
  • Score: 1

4:18pm Mon 7 Apr 14

Not_A_Moronic_Thug says...

Having spent many many days and weeks in DCH and various other hospitals I have to say the blame here lies squarely on the shoulders of the nursing and healthcare staff, I too have witnessed these gaggles of women chatting away for hours on end whilst seemingly nothing else gets done. I remember once pressing my bell while in earshot of the main congregation area (desk), then lying and waiting for over an hour for painkillers that were already 2 hours late, listening to the nurses bang on about nights out, ex boyfriends, clothes, phone contracts and pets. It simply is not good enough and the nurses and healthcare assistants need to stop trying to blame cuts/management/doct
ors/budgets and simply spend more time doing what they are there to do rather than waffling on about absolute rubbish.
Having spent many many days and weeks in DCH and various other hospitals I have to say the blame here lies squarely on the shoulders of the nursing and healthcare staff, I too have witnessed these gaggles of women chatting away for hours on end whilst seemingly nothing else gets done. I remember once pressing my bell while in earshot of the main congregation area (desk), then lying and waiting for over an hour for painkillers that were already 2 hours late, listening to the nurses bang on about nights out, ex boyfriends, clothes, phone contracts and pets. It simply is not good enough and the nurses and healthcare assistants need to stop trying to blame cuts/management/doct ors/budgets and simply spend more time doing what they are there to do rather than waffling on about absolute rubbish. Not_A_Moronic_Thug
  • Score: 32

5:05pm Mon 7 Apr 14

Sigurd Hoeberth says...

Not_A_Moronic_Thug wrote:
Having spent many many days and weeks in DCH and various other hospitals I have to say the blame here lies squarely on the shoulders of the nursing and healthcare staff, I too have witnessed these gaggles of women chatting away for hours on end whilst seemingly nothing else gets done. I remember once pressing my bell while in earshot of the main congregation area (desk), then lying and waiting for over an hour for painkillers that were already 2 hours late, listening to the nurses bang on about nights out, ex boyfriends, clothes, phone contracts and pets. It simply is not good enough and the nurses and healthcare assistants need to stop trying to blame cuts/management/doct

ors/budgets and simply spend more time doing what they are there to do rather than waffling on about absolute rubbish.
It is like this I think, In part because of the lowering of standards from the old, "ward Sister" days and Nursing becoming a "profession" rather than a vocational undertaking", but also from deliberate Political correctness and propaganda.

From the signs everywhere about, " aggression toward staff", something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed, over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, to question or argue with any kind of Authority. The the constant meme's drilled into us in every media outlet possible telling us how they are all angels and heroes beyond reproach, i mean really did you see the Olympics opening? Anyone who dares question this social, "group think meme" is not P.C and must be estranged from the group and labelled violent or trouble maker.

Our Government and Public sector across the board is an almost totally unaccountable bag of incompetence and criminal dishonesty. Hell they can even kill dozens of people and get away with it now, it'll all get brushed under a carpet of a, "Quango-protectorate
" whitewashing and a million pound, "resignation", instead of a prison cell where they should be.
[quote][p][bold]Not_A_Moronic_Thug[/bold] wrote: Having spent many many days and weeks in DCH and various other hospitals I have to say the blame here lies squarely on the shoulders of the nursing and healthcare staff, I too have witnessed these gaggles of women chatting away for hours on end whilst seemingly nothing else gets done. I remember once pressing my bell while in earshot of the main congregation area (desk), then lying and waiting for over an hour for painkillers that were already 2 hours late, listening to the nurses bang on about nights out, ex boyfriends, clothes, phone contracts and pets. It simply is not good enough and the nurses and healthcare assistants need to stop trying to blame cuts/management/doct ors/budgets and simply spend more time doing what they are there to do rather than waffling on about absolute rubbish.[/p][/quote]It is like this I think, In part because of the lowering of standards from the old, "ward Sister" days and Nursing becoming a "profession" rather than a vocational undertaking", but also from deliberate Political correctness and propaganda. From the signs everywhere about, " aggression toward staff", something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed, over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, to question or argue with any kind of Authority. The the constant meme's drilled into us in every media outlet possible telling us how they are all angels and heroes beyond reproach, i mean really did you see the Olympics opening? Anyone who dares question this social, "group think meme" is not P.C and must be estranged from the group and labelled violent or trouble maker. Our Government and Public sector across the board is an almost totally unaccountable bag of incompetence and criminal dishonesty. Hell they can even kill dozens of people and get away with it now, it'll all get brushed under a carpet of a, "Quango-protectorate " whitewashing and a million pound, "resignation", instead of a prison cell where they should be. Sigurd Hoeberth
  • Score: 26

5:06pm Mon 7 Apr 14

Chocky 1 says...

If I was in pain and being ignored,I would press the crash button.Then watch them come running.My sister accidentally pressed the wrong button in the bathroom once.........staff came from everywhere.
If I was in pain and being ignored,I would press the crash button.Then watch them come running.My sister accidentally pressed the wrong button in the bathroom once.........staff came from everywhere. Chocky 1
  • Score: 8

5:13pm Mon 7 Apr 14

Carolyn1950 says...

My husband has spent several occasions on wards in DCH since June 2013. Including EMU and CCU. The last occasion was for a week in at the end of February. He cannot praise the staff highly enough. They go above and beyond the call of duty and he is forever grateful to the N.H.S. for his treatment.
My husband has spent several occasions on wards in DCH since June 2013. Including EMU and CCU. The last occasion was for a week in at the end of February. He cannot praise the staff highly enough. They go above and beyond the call of duty and he is forever grateful to the N.H.S. for his treatment. Carolyn1950
  • Score: 9

6:00pm Mon 7 Apr 14

JamesYoung says...

portlandboy wrote:
I've been an in-patient on many of the wards at DCH over a number of years. As such, I can absolutely confirm that almost every "issue" the patients experience is down to a low staffing situation.
I have experienced waiting for pain relief for a number of hours due to too much work and too few staff. I have watched fully compos-mentis old men get left in pools of their own mess after ringing their bell due to too few nurses having too many patients. I have listened to the only TWO staff working on a ward at night trying to communicate with each other but failing because one spoke an Asian language while the other spoke a South American language and neither could quite understand each others' English.
Staffing levels are at best barely adequate and more generally poor. The only time I've seen a good number of staff on duty happened to be the day that the Nursing Manager was visiting the wards with Robin SeQueira who, coincidently, exited pretty quickly when he heard what amount of cuts were going to be made at DCH.
He could foresee this "issue" back in 2009.
Sadly i have to agree.
My wife had an operation there about 4 years ago. The lady in the next bed had the same operation 15 minutes before. The lady in the next bed had a prescription for morphine and was comfortable, my wife, who did not, was unable to breath, the pain was so much. It was almost 12 hours before the mistake was spotted, even though i had pointed out the apparent discrepancy to the nurse when i visited. I think there are three problems - understaffing, job fragmentation (a nurse won't clean, unlike in the old days) and, i suspect, a reinforcement of the idea that nurses are underpaid and overworked. They undoubtedly are, but there is clearly more to this as i too have witnessed lots of sitting around. I think you get to a point where you think "i'm overworked, i'll give up".
[quote][p][bold]portlandboy[/bold] wrote: I've been an in-patient on many of the wards at DCH over a number of years. As such, I can absolutely confirm that almost every "issue" the patients experience is down to a low staffing situation. I have experienced waiting for pain relief for a number of hours due to too much work and too few staff. I have watched fully compos-mentis old men get left in pools of their own mess after ringing their bell due to too few nurses having too many patients. I have listened to the only TWO staff working on a ward at night trying to communicate with each other but failing because one spoke an Asian language while the other spoke a South American language and neither could quite understand each others' English. Staffing levels are at best barely adequate and more generally poor. The only time I've seen a good number of staff on duty happened to be the day that the Nursing Manager was visiting the wards with Robin SeQueira who, coincidently, exited pretty quickly when he heard what amount of cuts were going to be made at DCH. He could foresee this "issue" back in 2009.[/p][/quote]Sadly i have to agree. My wife had an operation there about 4 years ago. The lady in the next bed had the same operation 15 minutes before. The lady in the next bed had a prescription for morphine and was comfortable, my wife, who did not, was unable to breath, the pain was so much. It was almost 12 hours before the mistake was spotted, even though i had pointed out the apparent discrepancy to the nurse when i visited. I think there are three problems - understaffing, job fragmentation (a nurse won't clean, unlike in the old days) and, i suspect, a reinforcement of the idea that nurses are underpaid and overworked. They undoubtedly are, but there is clearly more to this as i too have witnessed lots of sitting around. I think you get to a point where you think "i'm overworked, i'll give up". JamesYoung
  • Score: 10

6:06pm Mon 7 Apr 14

wurzelbasher says...

We have an out-of-touch Government that spends £billions on EU payments and Foreign Aid rather than on the NHS, and there lies the problem. IT'S OUR MONEY!!!!!
We have an out-of-touch Government that spends £billions on EU payments and Foreign Aid rather than on the NHS, and there lies the problem. IT'S OUR MONEY!!!!! wurzelbasher
  • Score: 8

6:09pm Mon 7 Apr 14

islandman says...

When anyone says "They go above and beyond the call of duty and he is forever grateful to the N.H.S. for his treatment.", I smile and think to myself "or are they doing what they're paid to do?".

Yes there are thousands of people who pass through hospital doors having received treatment, life saving or otherwise and have nothing but praise, based on the fact that they are leaving on both feet.

It should also be recognised that there are some people who feel their time in hospital could have been somewhat more beneficial, ie sleep/food/attention and it's only when someone really aggrieved and speaks out, that others are tempted to give their experience. They should not be punished verbally for this.
When anyone says "They go above and beyond the call of duty and he is forever grateful to the N.H.S. for his treatment.", I smile and think to myself "or are they doing what they're paid to do?". Yes there are thousands of people who pass through hospital doors having received treatment, life saving or otherwise and have nothing but praise, based on the fact that they are leaving on both feet. It should also be recognised that there are some people who feel their time in hospital could have been somewhat more beneficial, ie sleep/food/attention and it's only when someone really aggrieved and speaks out, that others are tempted to give their experience. They should not be punished verbally for this. islandman
  • Score: 9

6:13pm Mon 7 Apr 14

7drawers says...

To continue from me earlier comment I have complained via high management about my time on fortunewells ward but I have also put ALL the staff on the chemo unit forward for a 'WOW'award....they are Angels!
To continue from me earlier comment I have complained via high management about my time on fortunewells ward but I have also put ALL the staff on the chemo unit forward for a 'WOW'award....they are Angels! 7drawers
  • Score: -12

6:16pm Mon 7 Apr 14

Noidear says...

How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.
How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim. Noidear
  • Score: -12

6:30pm Mon 7 Apr 14

dogloverdorset says...

I had hoped things may have improved in DCH, but it seems not... when my mother was in there I had to go in every lunch and dinner time to feed her, as she couldn't manage following a stroke and the staff just left her, one tea time an elderly lady in the bed opposite was ringing her bell urgently, and becoming very distressed as she needed the loo, after ten minutes I went to find a nurse - and there was one at the station unwrapping a box of chocolates ! Her excuse? Its not my bay......I can tell you I made it her bay!!

They got my mum out of bed less than 8 hours after a major stroke, propped her in a chair and gave her weetabix... which she hates, but of course with no coordination she toppled out of the chair onto the floor badly bruising her hip and causing her pain - I found her when I came in with her glasses still covered in weetabix, so she couldnt see, crying and confused in the chair....three weeks later, despite warning them that her hands were shaking so she needed a beaker with lid, they gave her hot coffee , ending in a serious scald that needed treatment for two months
I had hoped things may have improved in DCH, but it seems not... when my mother was in there I had to go in every lunch and dinner time to feed her, as she couldn't manage following a stroke and the staff just left her, one tea time an elderly lady in the bed opposite was ringing her bell urgently, and becoming very distressed as she needed the loo, after ten minutes I went to find a nurse - and there was one at the station unwrapping a box of chocolates ! Her excuse? Its not my bay......I can tell you I made it her bay!! They got my mum out of bed less than 8 hours after a major stroke, propped her in a chair and gave her weetabix... which she hates, but of course with no coordination she toppled out of the chair onto the floor badly bruising her hip and causing her pain - I found her when I came in with her glasses still covered in weetabix, so she couldnt see, crying and confused in the chair....three weeks later, despite warning them that her hands were shaking so she needed a beaker with lid, they gave her hot coffee , ending in a serious scald that needed treatment for two months dogloverdorset
  • Score: 22

8:06pm Mon 7 Apr 14

weymouthfox says...

Following on from the many instances of negligence revealed by the Echo last week, this is another example of patients not receiving basic care. I believe the main reason is that endless ecomomies have cut staff to much less than are required to look after the patients. At the top table, Miss O'Callaghan and her highly paid managers think up endless excuses to cover up whatever problems are uncovered.
Following on from the many instances of negligence revealed by the Echo last week, this is another example of patients not receiving basic care. I believe the main reason is that endless ecomomies have cut staff to much less than are required to look after the patients. At the top table, Miss O'Callaghan and her highly paid managers think up endless excuses to cover up whatever problems are uncovered. weymouthfox
  • Score: 9

8:20pm Mon 7 Apr 14

girlfrombath says...

This man has been in the echo so many times! Slow story day....? Let's ring peter tizzard! Yawn.
This man has been in the echo so many times! Slow story day....? Let's ring peter tizzard! Yawn. girlfrombath
  • Score: 5

8:44pm Mon 7 Apr 14

popsiebabes says...

Why don't all you pathetic moaning Minnies shut the hell up and do something positive like support the staff instead of criticising them all the time. Unless you know someone who works there , you haven't a clue what good work the staff do , putting in loads of unpaid overtime to get things done. You self righteous idiots will one day rely on these people you are forever moaning about . Get a life and be thankful they are above all your carping. Fools
Why don't all you pathetic moaning Minnies shut the hell up and do something positive like support the staff instead of criticising them all the time. Unless you know someone who works there , you haven't a clue what good work the staff do , putting in loads of unpaid overtime to get things done. You self righteous idiots will one day rely on these people you are forever moaning about . Get a life and be thankful they are above all your carping. Fools popsiebabes
  • Score: -16

9:03pm Mon 7 Apr 14

25dec52 says...

This man likes publicity oh dear
This man likes publicity oh dear 25dec52
  • Score: -3

9:10pm Mon 7 Apr 14

Sigurd Hoeberth says...

popsiebabes wrote:
Why don't all you pathetic moaning Minnies shut the hell up and do something positive like support the staff instead of criticising them all the time. Unless you know someone who works there , you haven't a clue what good work the staff do , putting in loads of unpaid overtime to get things done. You self righteous idiots will one day rely on these people you are forever moaning about . Get a life and be thankful they are above all your carping. Fools
" Anyone who dares question this social, "group think meme" is not P.C and must be estranged from the group and labelled "
[quote][p][bold]popsiebabes[/bold] wrote: Why don't all you pathetic moaning Minnies shut the hell up and do something positive like support the staff instead of criticising them all the time. Unless you know someone who works there , you haven't a clue what good work the staff do , putting in loads of unpaid overtime to get things done. You self righteous idiots will one day rely on these people you are forever moaning about . Get a life and be thankful they are above all your carping. Fools[/p][/quote]" Anyone who dares question this social, "group think meme" is not P.C and must be estranged from the group and labelled " Sigurd Hoeberth
  • Score: 14

9:48pm Mon 7 Apr 14

JamesYoung says...

popsiebabes wrote:
Why don't all you pathetic moaning Minnies shut the hell up and do something positive like support the staff instead of criticising them all the time. Unless you know someone who works there , you haven't a clue what good work the staff do , putting in loads of unpaid overtime to get things done. You self righteous idiots will one day rely on these people you are forever moaning about . Get a life and be thankful they are above all your carping. Fools
What matters is not what the staff feel, its how the patients feel. That you know somebody who works there is largely irrelevant; the views that you are dismissing as "carping" are the views formed by people who have been treated there. My father was poorly treated as was my wife. The hospital paid out £6m last year which should be adequate proof that things are not running as smoothly as they should. And let's not forget that somebody recently died of thirst in an NHS hospital. Yet you dismiss valid concerns as "carping".
I sincerely hope that you don't work there; i fear that you do.
[quote][p][bold]popsiebabes[/bold] wrote: Why don't all you pathetic moaning Minnies shut the hell up and do something positive like support the staff instead of criticising them all the time. Unless you know someone who works there , you haven't a clue what good work the staff do , putting in loads of unpaid overtime to get things done. You self righteous idiots will one day rely on these people you are forever moaning about . Get a life and be thankful they are above all your carping. Fools[/p][/quote]What matters is not what the staff feel, its how the patients feel. That you know somebody who works there is largely irrelevant; the views that you are dismissing as "carping" are the views formed by people who have been treated there. My father was poorly treated as was my wife. The hospital paid out £6m last year which should be adequate proof that things are not running as smoothly as they should. And let's not forget that somebody recently died of thirst in an NHS hospital. Yet you dismiss valid concerns as "carping". I sincerely hope that you don't work there; i fear that you do. JamesYoung
  • Score: 16

10:19pm Mon 7 Apr 14

kimdiz says...

Noidear wrote:
How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.
It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain.
Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.
[quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.[/p][/quote]It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain. Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out. kimdiz
  • Score: 17

10:45pm Mon 7 Apr 14

Local2 says...

I feel for Mr Tizzard. Just a couple of weeks ago as an in patient on the 13th March I witnessed a patient who was denied a commode as the sister told her she would have to wait as she was too busy. Another patient rang the call bell to reiterate the patient's need - again she was told she would have to wait. 20 mins later the patient was in tears as she had wet the bed. Appalling treatment.
I feel for Mr Tizzard. Just a couple of weeks ago as an in patient on the 13th March I witnessed a patient who was denied a commode as the sister told her she would have to wait as she was too busy. Another patient rang the call bell to reiterate the patient's need - again she was told she would have to wait. 20 mins later the patient was in tears as she had wet the bed. Appalling treatment. Local2
  • Score: 14

8:46am Tue 8 Apr 14

7drawers says...

Until you are a patient who has experianced bad nursing you can not understand how it morally affects someone. I have been wonderfully treated over the last 3 years but have also had experiances that have made my stay horrendous.... Like the time I was placed in a room on my own to recover from an op. The planned op did not happen as when opened up they found a cancer lump(my second) this was removed and I was glued up...once in the room on the ward I was told my cancer had come back and then left...no cup of tea..no support..I had to wait til my husband arrived. All the nurses wanted was the sobbing wreck out of the way!
Until you are a patient who has experianced bad nursing you can not understand how it morally affects someone. I have been wonderfully treated over the last 3 years but have also had experiances that have made my stay horrendous.... Like the time I was placed in a room on my own to recover from an op. The planned op did not happen as when opened up they found a cancer lump(my second) this was removed and I was glued up...once in the room on the ward I was told my cancer had come back and then left...no cup of tea..no support..I had to wait til my husband arrived. All the nurses wanted was the sobbing wreck out of the way! 7drawers
  • Score: 7

9:39am Tue 8 Apr 14

Sigurd Hoeberth says...

kimdiz wrote:
Noidear wrote:
How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.
It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain.
Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.
" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "
[quote][p][bold]kimdiz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.[/p][/quote]It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain. Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.[/p][/quote]" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority " Sigurd Hoeberth
  • Score: 15

12:35pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Open ended says...

I have recently spent 17 days in Lulworth Ward, I can't complain about anything. Yes the staff are rushed off their feet, but although I wasn't left sitting on a commode, at least he had the commode. They always place the commode next to the bed so surely he could reach a blanket off his bed if he was that cold! The wards are usually too hot! I ask why was his wife there at 8am - one of the busiest times - handover from night to day staff, and certainly not visiting time. Why was he shouting for help and not using his call button? I found there usually someone in the bay who can go for help in an emergency! I have found like children if they are shouting or demanding loudly, they are not usually as desperate as they think. I do fill very sorry for Mr Tizzard and that he has this terrible illness, but he does seem to like taking the front page over the years.
I have recently spent 17 days in Lulworth Ward, I can't complain about anything. Yes the staff are rushed off their feet, but although I wasn't left sitting on a commode, at least he had the commode. They always place the commode next to the bed so surely he could reach a blanket off his bed if he was that cold! The wards are usually too hot! I ask why was his wife there at 8am - one of the busiest times - handover from night to day staff, and certainly not visiting time. Why was he shouting for help and not using his call button? I found there usually someone in the bay who can go for help in an emergency! I have found like children if they are shouting or demanding loudly, they are not usually as desperate as they think. I do fill very sorry for Mr Tizzard and that he has this terrible illness, but he does seem to like taking the front page over the years. Open ended
  • Score: 2

3:29pm Tue 8 Apr 14

JACKC says...

There is a difference between 'bad nursing' and 'short staffing'. There is no doubt that there are more good nurses than bad, and some people will experience the lack of immediate response to the call bells as there are only a finite number of nurses to be everywhere at the same time. I have seen the situation from both sides. I agree that the nurses talking OVER patients about their leisure activities is disrespectful, but there is a limit to the physical (and emotional) work that anyone can do from early morning to late night without some 'pause' and light relief in their work. I totally disagree with the comments about the Cancer ward. This is one of the best wards in the hospital - as the patients themselves have said since it's been open. It seems to me that the whole hospital is being tarred because of the bad experiences which some patients have had. If a patient is being attended to by two nurses (as needed sometimes) then how are they supposed to be answering a bell somewhere else at the same time? Personally I feel the ratio of nurses to patients is incorrect (depending on the speciality of the ward) but no matter how many complain the powers that be will NEVER change that - they are only interested in turnover, targets and budgets. The nursing staff just have to get on with it, and continue to be at the brunt end of the complaints. I would suggest that if anyone has 'bad nursing' they take the name of the nurse at the time and complain, rather than go home and make broad sweeping statements that tar all the nurses.
There is a difference between 'bad nursing' and 'short staffing'. There is no doubt that there are more good nurses than bad, and some people will experience the lack of immediate response to the call bells as there are only a finite number of nurses to be everywhere at the same time. I have seen the situation from both sides. I agree that the nurses talking OVER patients about their leisure activities is disrespectful, but there is a limit to the physical (and emotional) work that anyone can do from early morning to late night without some 'pause' and light relief in their work. I totally disagree with the comments about the Cancer ward. This is one of the best wards in the hospital - as the patients themselves have said since it's been open. It seems to me that the whole hospital is being tarred because of the bad experiences which some patients have had. If a patient is being attended to by two nurses (as needed sometimes) then how are they supposed to be answering a bell somewhere else at the same time? Personally I feel the ratio of nurses to patients is incorrect (depending on the speciality of the ward) but no matter how many complain the powers that be will NEVER change that - they are only interested in turnover, targets and budgets. The nursing staff just have to get on with it, and continue to be at the brunt end of the complaints. I would suggest that if anyone has 'bad nursing' they take the name of the nurse at the time and complain, rather than go home and make broad sweeping statements that tar all the nurses. JACKC
  • Score: -3

4:30pm Tue 8 Apr 14

jjlad2 says...

JACKC wrote:
There is a difference between 'bad nursing' and 'short staffing'. There is no doubt that there are more good nurses than bad, and some people will experience the lack of immediate response to the call bells as there are only a finite number of nurses to be everywhere at the same time. I have seen the situation from both sides. I agree that the nurses talking OVER patients about their leisure activities is disrespectful, but there is a limit to the physical (and emotional) work that anyone can do from early morning to late night without some 'pause' and light relief in their work. I totally disagree with the comments about the Cancer ward. This is one of the best wards in the hospital - as the patients themselves have said since it's been open. It seems to me that the whole hospital is being tarred because of the bad experiences which some patients have had. If a patient is being attended to by two nurses (as needed sometimes) then how are they supposed to be answering a bell somewhere else at the same time? Personally I feel the ratio of nurses to patients is incorrect (depending on the speciality of the ward) but no matter how many complain the powers that be will NEVER change that - they are only interested in turnover, targets and budgets. The nursing staff just have to get on with it, and continue to be at the brunt end of the complaints. I would suggest that if anyone has 'bad nursing' they take the name of the nurse at the time and complain, rather than go home and make broad sweeping statements that tar all the nurses.
Best comment i have seen yet, rather than dis all the nursing staff, Mr Tizzard could have directed his frustrations to a single point and not tarnish everyone in the care system at DCH.
I would suspect that the time he was on the ward he was treated with the proper care, and on one single occasion he was let down, yes, one time is once to often but is really a case of running to the Echo?
Nurses and care staff have a very difficult time being in the front line, and at best they are super caring but remember, they are human and have one pair of hands, so i would suggest future comments be made direct to the Senior Management who oversee the running of DCH.
[quote][p][bold]JACKC[/bold] wrote: There is a difference between 'bad nursing' and 'short staffing'. There is no doubt that there are more good nurses than bad, and some people will experience the lack of immediate response to the call bells as there are only a finite number of nurses to be everywhere at the same time. I have seen the situation from both sides. I agree that the nurses talking OVER patients about their leisure activities is disrespectful, but there is a limit to the physical (and emotional) work that anyone can do from early morning to late night without some 'pause' and light relief in their work. I totally disagree with the comments about the Cancer ward. This is one of the best wards in the hospital - as the patients themselves have said since it's been open. It seems to me that the whole hospital is being tarred because of the bad experiences which some patients have had. If a patient is being attended to by two nurses (as needed sometimes) then how are they supposed to be answering a bell somewhere else at the same time? Personally I feel the ratio of nurses to patients is incorrect (depending on the speciality of the ward) but no matter how many complain the powers that be will NEVER change that - they are only interested in turnover, targets and budgets. The nursing staff just have to get on with it, and continue to be at the brunt end of the complaints. I would suggest that if anyone has 'bad nursing' they take the name of the nurse at the time and complain, rather than go home and make broad sweeping statements that tar all the nurses.[/p][/quote]Best comment i have seen yet, rather than dis all the nursing staff, Mr Tizzard could have directed his frustrations to a single point and not tarnish everyone in the care system at DCH. I would suspect that the time he was on the ward he was treated with the proper care, and on one single occasion he was let down, yes, one time is once to often but is really a case of running to the Echo? Nurses and care staff have a very difficult time being in the front line, and at best they are super caring but remember, they are human and have one pair of hands, so i would suggest future comments be made direct to the Senior Management who oversee the running of DCH. jjlad2
  • Score: 1

5:22pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Ellis Dee says...

Noidear wrote:
How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.
It would appear that the majority of contributors to this thread do not know this man personally , If they did they may view the situation differently.
[quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.[/p][/quote]It would appear that the majority of contributors to this thread do not know this man personally , If they did they may view the situation differently. Ellis Dee
  • Score: -4

7:37pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Noidear says...

Sigurd Hoeberth wrote:
kimdiz wrote:
Noidear wrote:
How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.
It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain.
Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.
" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "
Irrelevant , I know this man. I know this hospital. I know today on wessex fm, which does tend to report facts, dch said this patient had not rung his bell and felt it nessasary to call 999, I wonder who is telling the truth, because i do not feel the need to run dch down, Iam out of order. I know let's have one member of staff to every patient and when's the roundabout coming back.
[quote][p][bold]Sigurd Hoeberth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kimdiz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.[/p][/quote]It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain. Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.[/p][/quote]" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "[/p][/quote]Irrelevant , I know this man. I know this hospital. I know today on wessex fm, which does tend to report facts, dch said this patient had not rung his bell and felt it nessasary to call 999, I wonder who is telling the truth, because i do not feel the need to run dch down, Iam out of order. I know let's have one member of staff to every patient and when's the roundabout coming back. Noidear
  • Score: -5

12:29am Wed 9 Apr 14

Sigurd Hoeberth says...

Noidear wrote:
Sigurd Hoeberth wrote:
kimdiz wrote:
Noidear wrote:
How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.
It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain.
Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.
" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "
Irrelevant , I know this man. I know this hospital. I know today on wessex fm, which does tend to report facts, dch said this patient had not rung his bell and felt it nessasary to call 999, I wonder who is telling the truth, because i do not feel the need to run dch down, Iam out of order. I know let's have one member of staff to every patient and when's the roundabout coming back.
Irrelevant, that's how your attitude speaks volumes about the durge employed in the NHS today.
[quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sigurd Hoeberth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kimdiz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.[/p][/quote]It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain. Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.[/p][/quote]" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "[/p][/quote]Irrelevant , I know this man. I know this hospital. I know today on wessex fm, which does tend to report facts, dch said this patient had not rung his bell and felt it nessasary to call 999, I wonder who is telling the truth, because i do not feel the need to run dch down, Iam out of order. I know let's have one member of staff to every patient and when's the roundabout coming back.[/p][/quote]Irrelevant, that's how your attitude speaks volumes about the durge employed in the NHS today. Sigurd Hoeberth
  • Score: 7

12:30am Wed 9 Apr 14

Sigurd Hoeberth says...

Watch on all story's how liars and union members add to the comments and likes after it is long over...just watch.
Watch on all story's how liars and union members add to the comments and likes after it is long over...just watch. Sigurd Hoeberth
  • Score: 5

12:42am Wed 9 Apr 14

Sigurd Hoeberth says...

Time to have CCTV recorded on every ward and theater, for the safety of the people and their health
Time to have CCTV recorded on every ward and theater, for the safety of the people and their health Sigurd Hoeberth
  • Score: 6

6:53am Wed 9 Apr 14

Noidear says...

Sigurd Hoeberth wrote:
Noidear wrote:
Sigurd Hoeberth wrote:
kimdiz wrote:
Noidear wrote:
How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.
It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain.
Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.
" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "
Irrelevant , I know this man. I know this hospital. I know today on wessex fm, which does tend to report facts, dch said this patient had not rung his bell and felt it nessasary to call 999, I wonder who is telling the truth, because i do not feel the need to run dch down, Iam out of order. I know let's have one member of staff to every patient and when's the roundabout coming back.
Irrelevant, that's how your attitude speaks volumes about the durge employed in the NHS today.
Thank u so much for your insults. The facts mean nothing to you. And no I do not work for this hospital or the nhs.
[quote][p][bold]Sigurd Hoeberth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sigurd Hoeberth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kimdiz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.[/p][/quote]It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain. Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.[/p][/quote]" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "[/p][/quote]Irrelevant , I know this man. I know this hospital. I know today on wessex fm, which does tend to report facts, dch said this patient had not rung his bell and felt it nessasary to call 999, I wonder who is telling the truth, because i do not feel the need to run dch down, Iam out of order. I know let's have one member of staff to every patient and when's the roundabout coming back.[/p][/quote]Irrelevant, that's how your attitude speaks volumes about the durge employed in the NHS today.[/p][/quote]Thank u so much for your insults. The facts mean nothing to you. And no I do not work for this hospital or the nhs. Noidear
  • Score: 0

10:57am Wed 9 Apr 14

Open ended says...

Thought this made an interesting view, which should have gone along side the 'news' item in the Dorset Echo

Dorset County Hospital has made the national papers over the story of a pensioner who called 999 from his hospital bed.

73-year-old Peter Tizzard from Weymouth who's suffering from Prostate Cancer says he was in pain and claims his calls for help weren't answered.

The 999 operator called the ward and a doctor was sent to see him.

A spokesperson for Dorset County Hospital said: "Lulworth Ward was fully staffed that night and there were no problems with call bells being answered in a timely way.

"We understand that Mr Tizzard felt the ward was very busy and believed it would help staff if he dialled 999 and alerted emergency services rather than using the call bell system. We appreciate Mr Tizzard was trying to be helpful but this course of action was not necessary.

"The ambulance service contacted the ward and the situation was explained. No ambulance was dispatched.
"The matron and ward sister met with Mr Tizzard daily during his stay and ensured he was able to contact them directly if he felt he was not being attended to promptly enough.

"We are really disappointed that Mr Tizzard felt it was necessary to take the action he did given the effort the ward staff and matron had taken to ensure he received good care."
Thought this made an interesting view, which should have gone along side the 'news' item in the Dorset Echo Dorset County Hospital has made the national papers over the story of a pensioner who called 999 from his hospital bed. 73-year-old Peter Tizzard from Weymouth who's suffering from Prostate Cancer says he was in pain and claims his calls for help weren't answered. The 999 operator called the ward and a doctor was sent to see him. A spokesperson for Dorset County Hospital said: "Lulworth Ward was fully staffed that night and there were no problems with call bells being answered in a timely way. "We understand that Mr Tizzard felt the ward was very busy and believed it would help staff if he dialled 999 and alerted emergency services rather than using the call bell system. We appreciate Mr Tizzard was trying to be helpful but this course of action was not necessary. "The ambulance service contacted the ward and the situation was explained. No ambulance was dispatched. "The matron and ward sister met with Mr Tizzard daily during his stay and ensured he was able to contact them directly if he felt he was not being attended to promptly enough. "We are really disappointed that Mr Tizzard felt it was necessary to take the action he did given the effort the ward staff and matron had taken to ensure he received good care." Open ended
  • Score: -3

1:16pm Wed 9 Apr 14

westbaywonder says...

Dirty and expensive,going by this little drama,sooner or later it will be very expensive.
Place needs sorting out ,something very wrong in that hospital and its reputation is spreading far and wide.!
Dirty and expensive,going by this little drama,sooner or later it will be very expensive. Place needs sorting out ,something very wrong in that hospital and its reputation is spreading far and wide.! westbaywonder
  • Score: 4

3:05pm Wed 9 Apr 14

woodsedge says...

Noidear wrote:
Sigurd Hoeberth wrote:
Noidear wrote:
Sigurd Hoeberth wrote:
kimdiz wrote:
Noidear wrote:
How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.
It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain.
Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.
" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "
Irrelevant , I know this man. I know this hospital. I know today on wessex fm, which does tend to report facts, dch said this patient had not rung his bell and felt it nessasary to call 999, I wonder who is telling the truth, because i do not feel the need to run dch down, Iam out of order. I know let's have one member of staff to every patient and when's the roundabout coming back.
Irrelevant, that's how your attitude speaks volumes about the durge employed in the NHS today.
Thank u so much for your insults. The facts mean nothing to you. And no I do not work for this hospital or the nhs.
Sigturd doesn't deal in fact, just links to you tube videos and extremist web sites that share his perverse agenda's. Carefu,l next he will be accusing you of being a stalker! Back to the thread both my wife and me have had the pleasure of staying in DCH and I can only speak from our own personal experiences. Other than stating the obvious that the hospital is under staffed, reliant on agency staff etc etc, the treatment we have both received is second to none and the staff do an excellent job in very difficult circumstances. But like you say facts go over the head of some people!
[quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sigurd Hoeberth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sigurd Hoeberth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kimdiz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.[/p][/quote]It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain. Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.[/p][/quote]" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "[/p][/quote]Irrelevant , I know this man. I know this hospital. I know today on wessex fm, which does tend to report facts, dch said this patient had not rung his bell and felt it nessasary to call 999, I wonder who is telling the truth, because i do not feel the need to run dch down, Iam out of order. I know let's have one member of staff to every patient and when's the roundabout coming back.[/p][/quote]Irrelevant, that's how your attitude speaks volumes about the durge employed in the NHS today.[/p][/quote]Thank u so much for your insults. The facts mean nothing to you. And no I do not work for this hospital or the nhs.[/p][/quote]Sigturd doesn't deal in fact, just links to you tube videos and extremist web sites that share his perverse agenda's. Carefu,l next he will be accusing you of being a stalker! Back to the thread both my wife and me have had the pleasure of staying in DCH and I can only speak from our own personal experiences. Other than stating the obvious that the hospital is under staffed, reliant on agency staff etc etc, the treatment we have both received is second to none and the staff do an excellent job in very difficult circumstances. But like you say facts go over the head of some people! woodsedge
  • Score: -5

8:42pm Wed 9 Apr 14

Sigurd Hoeberth says...

woodsedge wrote:
Noidear wrote:
Sigurd Hoeberth wrote:
Noidear wrote:
Sigurd Hoeberth wrote:
kimdiz wrote:
Noidear wrote:
How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.
It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain.
Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.
" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "
Irrelevant , I know this man. I know this hospital. I know today on wessex fm, which does tend to report facts, dch said this patient had not rung his bell and felt it nessasary to call 999, I wonder who is telling the truth, because i do not feel the need to run dch down, Iam out of order. I know let's have one member of staff to every patient and when's the roundabout coming back.
Irrelevant, that's how your attitude speaks volumes about the durge employed in the NHS today.
Thank u so much for your insults. The facts mean nothing to you. And no I do not work for this hospital or the nhs.
Sigturd doesn't deal in fact, just links to you tube videos and extremist web sites that share his perverse agenda's. Carefu,l next he will be accusing you of being a stalker! Back to the thread both my wife and me have had the pleasure of staying in DCH and I can only speak from our own personal experiences. Other than stating the obvious that the hospital is under staffed, reliant on agency staff etc etc, the treatment we have both received is second to none and the staff do an excellent job in very difficult circumstances. But like you say facts go over the head of some people!
Go back to your Crayons and Union propaganda Woodsedge.
[quote][p][bold]woodsedge[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sigurd Hoeberth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sigurd Hoeberth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kimdiz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.[/p][/quote]It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain. Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.[/p][/quote]" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "[/p][/quote]Irrelevant , I know this man. I know this hospital. I know today on wessex fm, which does tend to report facts, dch said this patient had not rung his bell and felt it nessasary to call 999, I wonder who is telling the truth, because i do not feel the need to run dch down, Iam out of order. I know let's have one member of staff to every patient and when's the roundabout coming back.[/p][/quote]Irrelevant, that's how your attitude speaks volumes about the durge employed in the NHS today.[/p][/quote]Thank u so much for your insults. The facts mean nothing to you. And no I do not work for this hospital or the nhs.[/p][/quote]Sigturd doesn't deal in fact, just links to you tube videos and extremist web sites that share his perverse agenda's. Carefu,l next he will be accusing you of being a stalker! Back to the thread both my wife and me have had the pleasure of staying in DCH and I can only speak from our own personal experiences. Other than stating the obvious that the hospital is under staffed, reliant on agency staff etc etc, the treatment we have both received is second to none and the staff do an excellent job in very difficult circumstances. But like you say facts go over the head of some people![/p][/quote]Go back to your Crayons and Union propaganda Woodsedge. Sigurd Hoeberth
  • Score: 10

9:31am Fri 11 Apr 14

woodsedge says...

Sigurd Hoeberth wrote:
woodsedge wrote:
Noidear wrote:
Sigurd Hoeberth wrote:
Noidear wrote:
Sigurd Hoeberth wrote:
kimdiz wrote:
Noidear wrote:
How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.
It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain.
Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.
" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "
Irrelevant , I know this man. I know this hospital. I know today on wessex fm, which does tend to report facts, dch said this patient had not rung his bell and felt it nessasary to call 999, I wonder who is telling the truth, because i do not feel the need to run dch down, Iam out of order. I know let's have one member of staff to every patient and when's the roundabout coming back.
Irrelevant, that's how your attitude speaks volumes about the durge employed in the NHS today.
Thank u so much for your insults. The facts mean nothing to you. And no I do not work for this hospital or the nhs.
Sigturd doesn't deal in fact, just links to you tube videos and extremist web sites that share his perverse agenda's. Carefu,l next he will be accusing you of being a stalker! Back to the thread both my wife and me have had the pleasure of staying in DCH and I can only speak from our own personal experiences. Other than stating the obvious that the hospital is under staffed, reliant on agency staff etc etc, the treatment we have both received is second to none and the staff do an excellent job in very difficult circumstances. But like you say facts go over the head of some people!
Go back to your Crayons and Union propaganda Woodsedge.
Sorry Sigturd, despite your best efforts we do live in a free world and a democratic society gives me freedom of speech, unlike the society you would like to impose on us sane citizens. Yet again I have addressed the subject matter and you have slung insults, 'crayons & propaganda' is the best you can do my old stalker!
[quote][p][bold]Sigurd Hoeberth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]woodsedge[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sigurd Hoeberth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sigurd Hoeberth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kimdiz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.[/p][/quote]It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain. Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.[/p][/quote]" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "[/p][/quote]Irrelevant , I know this man. I know this hospital. I know today on wessex fm, which does tend to report facts, dch said this patient had not rung his bell and felt it nessasary to call 999, I wonder who is telling the truth, because i do not feel the need to run dch down, Iam out of order. I know let's have one member of staff to every patient and when's the roundabout coming back.[/p][/quote]Irrelevant, that's how your attitude speaks volumes about the durge employed in the NHS today.[/p][/quote]Thank u so much for your insults. The facts mean nothing to you. And no I do not work for this hospital or the nhs.[/p][/quote]Sigturd doesn't deal in fact, just links to you tube videos and extremist web sites that share his perverse agenda's. Carefu,l next he will be accusing you of being a stalker! Back to the thread both my wife and me have had the pleasure of staying in DCH and I can only speak from our own personal experiences. Other than stating the obvious that the hospital is under staffed, reliant on agency staff etc etc, the treatment we have both received is second to none and the staff do an excellent job in very difficult circumstances. But like you say facts go over the head of some people![/p][/quote]Go back to your Crayons and Union propaganda Woodsedge.[/p][/quote]Sorry Sigturd, despite your best efforts we do live in a free world and a democratic society gives me freedom of speech, unlike the society you would like to impose on us sane citizens. Yet again I have addressed the subject matter and you have slung insults, 'crayons & propaganda' is the best you can do my old stalker! woodsedge
  • Score: -5

9:45am Fri 11 Apr 14

Sigurd Hoeberth says...

woodsedge wrote:
Sigurd Hoeberth wrote:
woodsedge wrote:
Noidear wrote:
Sigurd Hoeberth wrote:
Noidear wrote:
Sigurd Hoeberth wrote:
kimdiz wrote:
Noidear wrote:
How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.
It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain.
Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.
" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "
Irrelevant , I know this man. I know this hospital. I know today on wessex fm, which does tend to report facts, dch said this patient had not rung his bell and felt it nessasary to call 999, I wonder who is telling the truth, because i do not feel the need to run dch down, Iam out of order. I know let's have one member of staff to every patient and when's the roundabout coming back.
Irrelevant, that's how your attitude speaks volumes about the durge employed in the NHS today.
Thank u so much for your insults. The facts mean nothing to you. And no I do not work for this hospital or the nhs.
Sigturd doesn't deal in fact, just links to you tube videos and extremist web sites that share his perverse agenda's. Carefu,l next he will be accusing you of being a stalker! Back to the thread both my wife and me have had the pleasure of staying in DCH and I can only speak from our own personal experiences. Other than stating the obvious that the hospital is under staffed, reliant on agency staff etc etc, the treatment we have both received is second to none and the staff do an excellent job in very difficult circumstances. But like you say facts go over the head of some people!
Go back to your Crayons and Union propaganda Woodsedge.
Sorry Sigturd, despite your best efforts we do live in a free world and a democratic society gives me freedom of speech, unlike the society you would like to impose on us sane citizens. Yet again I have addressed the subject matter and you have slung insults, 'crayons & propaganda' is the best you can do my old stalker!
Yes, of course you have Woodsedge.
[quote][p][bold]woodsedge[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sigurd Hoeberth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]woodsedge[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sigurd Hoeberth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sigurd Hoeberth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kimdiz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Noidear[/bold] wrote: How low can u get. Some of the comments on here r just stupid. This paper runs out of story's so it's goes to people like this to get one , this man is can twist anything. I know cause I've had dealing with him. It's not a hotel it's a hospital. There not there to tend to ur every whim.[/p][/quote]It's think your out of order criticising a 73 year old cancer patient when the England's health watchdog warned today that tens of thousands of elderley patients are enduring appalling NHS care because they are too frightened or polite to complain. Its negative irrelevant responses like yours that stops others from speaking out.[/p][/quote]" .....something that is a smaller psychological part of a bigger mechanism designed over time, to embed a Psychological sense of fear in people, not to question or argue with any kind of Authority "[/p][/quote]Irrelevant , I know this man. I know this hospital. I know today on wessex fm, which does tend to report facts, dch said this patient had not rung his bell and felt it nessasary to call 999, I wonder who is telling the truth, because i do not feel the need to run dch down, Iam out of order. I know let's have one member of staff to every patient and when's the roundabout coming back.[/p][/quote]Irrelevant, that's how your attitude speaks volumes about the durge employed in the NHS today.[/p][/quote]Thank u so much for your insults. The facts mean nothing to you. And no I do not work for this hospital or the nhs.[/p][/quote]Sigturd doesn't deal in fact, just links to you tube videos and extremist web sites that share his perverse agenda's. Carefu,l next he will be accusing you of being a stalker! Back to the thread both my wife and me have had the pleasure of staying in DCH and I can only speak from our own personal experiences. Other than stating the obvious that the hospital is under staffed, reliant on agency staff etc etc, the treatment we have both received is second to none and the staff do an excellent job in very difficult circumstances. But like you say facts go over the head of some people![/p][/quote]Go back to your Crayons and Union propaganda Woodsedge.[/p][/quote]Sorry Sigturd, despite your best efforts we do live in a free world and a democratic society gives me freedom of speech, unlike the society you would like to impose on us sane citizens. Yet again I have addressed the subject matter and you have slung insults, 'crayons & propaganda' is the best you can do my old stalker![/p][/quote]Yes, of course you have Woodsedge. Sigurd Hoeberth
  • Score: 7

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree