Firefighters put out small property fire in Weymouth

Firefighters put out small property fire in Weymouth

Firefighters put out small property fire in Weymouth

First published in News
Last updated

FIREFIGHTERS have put out a small fire caused by cooking that was left unattended at a Weymouth property.

At around 5.08pm this evening, Dorset Fire and Rescue Service received a report of a fire alarm activation in a block of flats on Hamilton Close in Littlemoor.

A crew from Weymouth fire station arrived at the scene and found a small fire involving cooking.

They extinguished the fire and assisted with the ventilation of the property to remove the build-up of smoke.

The fire is believed to have started accidentally due to unattended cooking. The fire destroyed the pan and its contents and caused smoke damage to the flat.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service would like to remind the public of the importance of having a working smoke alarm.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree