When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Fun and games at Easter
If the kids are looking for things to do this Easter then they could start at the library on Thursday 17th between 2.30 and 3.30 when the Elmer The Elephant activity session begins.
- Then on Saturday 19th they could go along to the free Easter Egg Hunt organised by The Big4 Lottery committee and St Francis church. The hunt will be held at the church and will be open from 10.30 until noon. As well as all the fun of trying to find the hidden eggs there will also be free crafts to try. The church café will be open so there will be plenty of tea and cakes on sale should any accompanying parents need them!
- For those of you who would like to try your hand at arts and crafts and have a Thursday afternoon free then do go along to the community centre for a Craft Drop- In organised by Sewing Seeds.
Running between 2pm and 4pm and for 8 sessions starting April 10th there will be an assortment of activities to try out which include:- large withy and tissue party decorations, delicate Japanese tissue kites, sparkling Mexican birdies, Cross stitch and sewing projects including applique and ribbon applique.
Or you could take along your own sewing or craft project and join in the very friendly atmosphere.
- On the topic of our community hall, the group that runs all the varied activities (LCAG) are in desperate need of new people to lend a hand in organising events and looking after the running of the building.If you would like to get involved in this worthwhile task then please do get in contact with Gill Paterson on 07835392276.
- Have you a daughter between the age of 7 and 10 years? Has she got a lot of energy to burn and loves to learn new things. The Littlemoor Brownies are looking for new recruits who want to have fun and learn useful life skills.If you want to get an idea of what the Brownies are all about go to www.girlguiding.co.uk.The Brownies meet every Friday between 6pm and 7.30 at the community hall off of Canberra Road. The cost is a mere £1.50 per session. For more details contact Gill Paterson on the number above.
- And finally, the very popular Job Club is taking an Easter break and will re-open on Wednesday 23rd of April.