When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Safety warning after toaster blaze
5:34pm Saturday 26th April 2014 in News
FIREFIGHTERS have issued a safety warning after a blaze in Dorchester this afternoon which was caused by a toaster.
The incident happened at around 2.30pm in High Street, Fordington.
It is believed a curtain came in to contact with a toaster whilst it was turned on.
The blaze had been extinguished before firefighters arrived and there are no reported injuries.
Fire chiefs have urged residents to ensure toasters are not placed close to materials or underneath kitchen units.
A Dorset Fire and Rescue spokesman added: “If you have a fire, dial 999, close the door to the room where the fire is and leave the property.”
Comments are closed on this article.