COULD it be you?
Portland is awash with rumours that the winner of the gigantic £73million EuroMillions jackpot on Friday is from the island.
Speculation was rife on the streets and on social media that the lucky ticket holder lives on the island, and that the winning ticket had been bought at the Co-operative Store in Easton.
It has been the hot topic of conversation in Portland since the draw was made at 10.30pm on Friday night, with people speculating that the winner of the massive windfall was from the island.
People claim they know who the winner is while others maintain it is just a rumour which has run wild, but as yet the prize is unclaimed.
A spokesman for Camelot said: “As yet we haven't had a valid claim. The prize is still outstanding and we cannot confirm or deny where the ticket was bought.
“We're urging everyone who may have bought a EuroMillions ticket to check their numbers.
“We have the champagne on ice and our fingers crossed that the lucky winner comes forward to claim their win.”
The winner of the massive jackpot would become the eighth biggest lottery winner in the United Kingdom, with the total jackpot standing at a massive £73,205,659.50.
A spokesman for the Co-operative Store said: “We have heard these rumours since the Saturday after the draw, but nobody has contacted us to confirm or deny it, so we would imagine that the rumour is unfounded.”
They would be catapulted up the rich list and would instantly become richer than actor Rowan Atkinson who has £70 million, British Formula 1 star Lewis Hamilton who has a fortune of £68 million, Take That singer and former X-Factor judge Gary Barlow who has £60 million and Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe who has amassed £56 million during his career.
The winning numbers from Friday night's draw were 30, 42, 04, 31 and 38 and the Lucky Star numbers were 11 and 02.
THINGS TO BUY AND DO IN WEYMOUTH AND PORTLAND WITH £73 MILLION.
· At a value of £20,000, buy Weymouth Football Club 3,650 times
· Take a family of four to see Portland Bill Lighthouse 6,083,334 times
· Take a family of five to Portland Castle 5,748,031 times
· Take a family of four to Portland Museum 6,636,363 times
·Visit Weymouth Sea Life Adventure Park and Tower 3,194,748 times
· Take a family of four to the Nothe Fort 4,866,667 times
· Buy a copy of your favourite newspaper the Dorset Echo 146 million times, or our bumper Saturday edition 132,727,272 times
THINGS TO BUY
· You could have a fleet of 292 Bugatti Veyrons
· Spend 1,237 days at the world's most expensive hotel in Geneva
· A flotilla of 73, 50-foot luxury yachts
· Pay Wayne Rooney's reported weekly wage of £200,000 for 365 weeks
·Take 495 trips into space on Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic aeroplane