When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Police issue safety advice to prevent summertime crime
Updated 12:56pm Thursday 22nd May 2014 in News
OFFICERS have issued safety advice in a bid to prevent crimes this summer.
Dorset Police says burglaries tend to increase in the summer months and the Force is hoping the public will play an ‘active part’ in helping reduce intrusive crimes.
Safety measures members of the public should adopt are;
• Keeping windows and doors closed when you leave the house – especially on the ground floor
• Consider additional security when you go on holiday such as informing family or neighbours to check on your property and remove obvious signs of holiday such as piles of letters
• If you are a caravan or motor home owner, concealing electrical leads when charging units as this indicates to burglars that you are intending on going on holiday soon
• Making sure any alarms/CCTV installed works correctly
• Placing high value items such as jewellery out of view
Comments are closed on this article.