Firefighters called to property fire in Dorchester

Firefighters called to property fire in Dorchester

Firefighters called to property fire in Dorchester

First published in News by

TWO fire engines rushed to a house fire in Dorchester this afternoon.

The fire brigade was called to a property on St Georges Road in Dorchester just after 1pm when stray sparks caused flammable liquid to ignite.

When firefighters arrived, the fire had been put out but crews inspected the scene to ensure the fire was fully extinguished, and left the incident at 1.30pm.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service has now warned people to take care when dealing with flammable liquids.

A spokesman said: “The cause was believed to be sparks in a garage catching flammable liquid on fire.

“This situation could have been much worse and is a reminder to take care when working with flammable liquids.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree