When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Firefighters called to property fire in Dorchester
TWO fire engines rushed to a house fire in Dorchester this afternoon.
The fire brigade was called to a property on St Georges Road in Dorchester just after 1pm when stray sparks caused flammable liquid to ignite.
When firefighters arrived, the fire had been put out but crews inspected the scene to ensure the fire was fully extinguished, and left the incident at 1.30pm.
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service has now warned people to take care when dealing with flammable liquids.
A spokesman said: “The cause was believed to be sparks in a garage catching flammable liquid on fire.
“This situation could have been much worse and is a reminder to take care when working with flammable liquids.”
Comments are closed on this article.