Oven fire in Weymouth causes light smoke damage

Oven fire in Weymouth causes light smoke damage

Oven fire in Weymouth causes light smoke damage

First published in News

AN oven fire has caused light smoke damage to a Weymouth property.

A crew from Weymouth Fire Station were called to an address in Wyke Regis this afternoon at around 1.27pm.

The fire was confined to the oven in the ground floor kitchen and was extinguished by removal.

The cause of the fire was unattended cooking.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service were alerted by a neighbour who heard alarms and saw smoke coming from the property.

The alarms alerted the property’s owner, as well as the neighbour, which allowed the fire to be detected early and confined to the oven.

The fire service wish to remind people of the importance of working smoke alarms.

Free home safety checks from the fire service can be arranged by signing up online at www.dorsetfire.gov.uk

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree