Fire crew tackles bin blaze in Abbotsbury

Fire crew tackles bin blaze in Abbotsbury

Fire crew tackles bin blaze in Abbotsbury

First published in News

A FIRE crew from Weymouth was called to reports of a bin on fire in a car park in Abbotsbury last night.

The service was contacted at around 12.30am and when firefighters arrived they found a bin well alight, which they extinguished using a hose reel jet.

The fire was believed to have been accidental and caused by the disposal of a barbecue.

Nearby public toilets suffered heat damage as a result and Dorset Fire and Rescue Service is urging people to take care when disposing of barbecues.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:26pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Oasisbinloc says...

Have a look at our website www.oasisbinloc.co.u
k we have locks and devices that can deter people from starting bin fires. Although this one was accidental. Glad no one got hurt.
Have a look at our website www.oasisbinloc.co.u k we have locks and devices that can deter people from starting bin fires. Although this one was accidental. Glad no one got hurt. Oasisbinloc
  • Score: 1

6:26pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Oasisbinloc says...

www.oasisbinloc.co.u
k
www.oasisbinloc.co.u k Oasisbinloc
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree