When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Public to be consulted on Charles Street plans
3:37pm Thursday 3rd July 2014 in News
DEVELOPERS Simons are due to submit a revised planning application for the second phase of the long awaited Charles Street scheme next month.
Leader of West Dorset District Council Robert Gould told a meeting of the authority that work had been going on ‘behind the scenes’ involving council officers and Simons and the developers were shortly due to announce public consultation dates for members of the public to view the revised plans.
This will give people the opportunity to view the revised proposals before Simon submits its planning application.
Cllr Gould said that if the planning application is successful work on site could begin next year but there will be an extensive archaeological investigation stage before construction starts.
He said: “Our officers and Simons are work hard to achieve this for Dorchester.”
Local members Stella Jones and Andy Canning stressed the importance of including affordable housing provision as part of the scheme.
Cllr Susie Hosford also stressed the need for suitable parking provision to be put in place before the development works begin.