COASTGUARD rescue officers helped evacuate Swanage beach after grenades from the Second World War were found.

The incident happened at around 2.35pm yesterday.

The officers and Swanage RNLI Inshore Lifeboat assisted Dorset Fire and Rescue, Dorset Police and the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Team in establishing an exclusion zone.

The unearthed bottles of phosphorous were later rendered safe and removed by the EOD Team and all units returned to base.

Elsewhere, a jet ski owner was left stranded on the Mudeford Sandbank after his craft became disabled.

He called 999 to report the incident at around 5.25pm.

Southbourne Coastguard Rescue Officers proceeded to the location. They helped the man back to his car and trailer to remove the jet ski from the beach.

Meanwhile, a 26ft yacht required help entering Christchurch Harbour after suffering engine failure.

The yacht, named Finili, had four people on board when the incident took place at around 2.23pm.

Mudeford RNLI Inshore Lifeboat launched and towed the vessel into the harbour and onto a safe mooring at Christchurch Sailing Club.

Little over an hour later, a kite surfer encountered difficulties in reaching the shore after his kite broke into pieces.

A member of the public reported the incident at around 3.43pm after noticing the surfer in Christchurch Bay, off Highcliffe Castle.

Southbourne Coastguard Rescue Officers attended the scene and helped the surfer onto the beach.

Whilst this was taking place, a wayfarer dinghy near West Bay required help after experiencing adverse sea conditions.

Lyme Regis RNLI Inshore Lifeboat responded to the incident, which was four nautical miles east of West Bay, at around 3.49pm.

The dinghy, named Star Gypsy, had one person and a dog on board. Both were taken into West Bay Harbour where they were met by West Bay Coastguard Rescue Officers.

In the evening, two kite surfers were reported to be struggling in the water near Bournemouth Pier.

A member of the public alerted emergency services at around 8.06pm after watching the surfers drift eastwards.

Southbourne Coastguard Officers responded to the call and brought the two surfers safely ashore before offering safety advice.