Naked man detained by police after concerns on beach

Naked man who flashed children on beach detained by police

Naked man who flashed children on beach detained by police

First published in News
Last updated

A NAKED man was detained by police after exposing himself to a group of children on a beach.

He was noticed by coastguard rescue officers at Knoll Beach at Studland on Saturday. Knoll Beach is a naturist area.

The team stayed with the children and kept the man under observation until police arrived and detained him.

This morning, Dorset Police was unable to confirm whether or not any further action was taken.

Comments (21)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:28am Sun 6 Jul 14

marabout says...

A naked man on a nudist beach ?
A naked man on a nudist beach ? marabout
  • Score: 36

10:46am Sun 6 Jul 14

annotater says...

A naked man was seen, on a nudist beach, flashing. What?
A naked man was seen, on a nudist beach, flashing. What? annotater
  • Score: 31

1:45pm Sun 6 Jul 14

unexpected error says...

"kept him under observation" made me chuckle.
"kept him under observation" made me chuckle. unexpected error
  • Score: 26

4:30pm Sun 6 Jul 14

H2o-hara says...

So what now ? A naked man on a nudist beach ?
So what now ? A naked man on a nudist beach ? H2o-hara
  • Score: 15

5:27pm Sun 6 Jul 14

westbaywonder says...

Are these the kind of people that phone the police when a cat tales a dump in their garden.
Get a life you sad people!!!
Are these the kind of people that phone the police when a cat tales a dump in their garden. Get a life you sad people!!! westbaywonder
  • Score: 18

10:10pm Sun 6 Jul 14

NearlyLocal says...

Why were there children on the nudist beach??
Why were there children on the nudist beach?? NearlyLocal
  • Score: 17

10:19pm Sun 6 Jul 14

Witch Hazel says...

Ummm.... this just not make sense to me, and a lot of others with the sound of it... I realise I/we not one/s to judge but perhaps 'he' was out of the boundary or something like that.... or where were the parents at that time, were they on the nudist beach.... my mind boggles... no business being down that end with children anyway.
Ummm.... this just not make sense to me, and a lot of others with the sound of it... I realise I/we not one/s to judge but perhaps 'he' was out of the boundary or something like that.... or where were the parents at that time, were they on the nudist beach.... my mind boggles... no business being down that end with children anyway. Witch Hazel
  • Score: 3

11:46am Mon 7 Jul 14

cosmick says...

Rolf Harris on a day out, getting back in the swing.
Rolf Harris on a day out, getting back in the swing. cosmick
  • Score: -10

4:40pm Mon 7 Jul 14

MalcolmBoura says...

NearlyLocal wrote:
Why were there children on the nudist beach??
Children like beaches. Families like beaches. Obvious really.
[quote][p][bold]NearlyLocal[/bold] wrote: Why were there children on the nudist beach??[/p][/quote]Children like beaches. Families like beaches. Obvious really. MalcolmBoura
  • Score: 8

4:46pm Mon 7 Jul 14

MalcolmBoura says...

Witch Hazel wrote:
Ummm.... this just not make sense to me, and a lot of others with the sound of it... I realise I/we not one/s to judge but perhaps 'he' was out of the boundary or something like that.... or where were the parents at that time, were they on the nudist beach.... my mind boggles... no business being down that end with children anyway.
Why shouldn't children be there? The evidence is very clear, nudity does not harm anyone of any age but there is strong evidence that widespread and often serious harm results from prudery. Prudery is child abuse and ignorance of the facts is not an excuse. Which is more important, the welfare of children and young people or the body-prejudice of a few adults?
[quote][p][bold]Witch Hazel[/bold] wrote: Ummm.... this just not make sense to me, and a lot of others with the sound of it... I realise I/we not one/s to judge but perhaps 'he' was out of the boundary or something like that.... or where were the parents at that time, were they on the nudist beach.... my mind boggles... no business being down that end with children anyway.[/p][/quote]Why shouldn't children be there? The evidence is very clear, nudity does not harm anyone of any age but there is strong evidence that widespread and often serious harm results from prudery. Prudery is child abuse and ignorance of the facts is not an excuse. Which is more important, the welfare of children and young people or the body-prejudice of a few adults? MalcolmBoura
  • Score: 18

7:21pm Mon 7 Jul 14

X Old Bill says...

Get it quite clear - There is no such thing as an 'official' naturist or nudist or clothing optional beach in England and Wales.
There are beaches where, by common consent and usage, people are freely allowed to go unclothed. An area at Studland is one such beach.

Where public have unlimited access to a beach then all members of public are free to come and go - all ages, all sexes, and where appropriate any state of dress or undress.

Public nudity of itself is not illegal in England and Wales - It only becomes part of another offence according to circumstances.
Get it quite clear - There is no such thing as an 'official' naturist or nudist or clothing optional beach in England and Wales. There are beaches where, by common consent and usage, people are freely allowed to go unclothed. An area at Studland is one such beach. Where public have unlimited access to a beach then all members of public are free to come and go - all ages, all sexes, and where appropriate any state of dress or undress. Public nudity of itself is not illegal in England and Wales - It only becomes part of another offence according to circumstances. X Old Bill
  • Score: 12

10:46pm Mon 7 Jul 14

Witch Hazel says...

MalcolmBoura wrote:
Witch Hazel wrote:
Ummm.... this just not make sense to me, and a lot of others with the sound of it... I realise I/we not one/s to judge but perhaps 'he' was out of the boundary or something like that.... or where were the parents at that time, were they on the nudist beach.... my mind boggles... no business being down that end with children anyway.
Why shouldn't children be there? The evidence is very clear, nudity does not harm anyone of any age but there is strong evidence that widespread and often serious harm results from prudery. Prudery is child abuse and ignorance of the facts is not an excuse. Which is more important, the welfare of children and young people or the body-prejudice of a few adults?
Obviously everyone has their own opinion about nudist beaches.
[quote][p][bold]MalcolmBoura[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Witch Hazel[/bold] wrote: Ummm.... this just not make sense to me, and a lot of others with the sound of it... I realise I/we not one/s to judge but perhaps 'he' was out of the boundary or something like that.... or where were the parents at that time, were they on the nudist beach.... my mind boggles... no business being down that end with children anyway.[/p][/quote]Why shouldn't children be there? The evidence is very clear, nudity does not harm anyone of any age but there is strong evidence that widespread and often serious harm results from prudery. Prudery is child abuse and ignorance of the facts is not an excuse. Which is more important, the welfare of children and young people or the body-prejudice of a few adults?[/p][/quote]Obviously everyone has their own opinion about nudist beaches. Witch Hazel
  • Score: -5

10:55pm Mon 7 Jul 14

RichPasco says...

So this man is going nude in a naturist area, where by definition nudity is expected, and overt sexual behavior is prohibited. Children are usually welcome on naturist beaches if accompanied by parents, who obviously would understand the dress code there before bringing their kids. So how is this man "exposing himself to children"? Without additional information about misbehavior, we may conclude that everyone is just doing what the beach is for.
So this man is going nude in a naturist area, where by definition nudity is expected, and overt sexual behavior is prohibited. Children are usually welcome on naturist beaches if accompanied by parents, who obviously would understand the dress code there before bringing their kids. So how is this man "exposing himself to children"? Without additional information about misbehavior, we may conclude that everyone is just doing what the beach is for. RichPasco
  • Score: 16

3:06am Tue 8 Jul 14

NudistSingle.net says...

familys should not take childrend to nude beach, as it said it's a nudist beach
familys should not take childrend to nude beach, as it said it's a nudist beach NudistSingle.net
  • Score: -17

8:04am Tue 8 Jul 14

MalcolmBoura says...

NudistSingle.net wrote:
familys should not take childrend to nude beach, as it said it's a nudist beach
Why not? Please respond with facts and evidence, not myth and prejudice.
[quote][p][bold]NudistSingle.net[/bold] wrote: familys should not take childrend to nude beach, as it said it's a nudist beach[/p][/quote]Why not? Please respond with facts and evidence, not myth and prejudice. MalcolmBoura
  • Score: 16

11:40am Tue 8 Jul 14

elloello1980 says...

MalcolmBoura wrote:
NudistSingle.net wrote:
familys should not take childrend to nude beach, as it said it's a nudist beach
Why not? Please respond with facts and evidence, not myth and prejudice.
Some parents would think it wise to not have their children around naked people on what's known as a nudist beach. some let their kids do whatever. others pointlessly question the obvious ;)
[quote][p][bold]MalcolmBoura[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]NudistSingle.net[/bold] wrote: familys should not take childrend to nude beach, as it said it's a nudist beach[/p][/quote]Why not? Please respond with facts and evidence, not myth and prejudice.[/p][/quote]Some parents would think it wise to not have their children around naked people on what's known as a nudist beach. some let their kids do whatever. others pointlessly question the obvious ;) elloello1980
  • Score: -11

1:54pm Tue 8 Jul 14

MalcolmBoura says...

elloello1980 wrote:
MalcolmBoura wrote:
NudistSingle.net wrote:
familys should not take childrend to nude beach, as it said it's a nudist beach
Why not? Please respond with facts and evidence, not myth and prejudice.
Some parents would think it wise to not have their children around naked people on what's known as a nudist beach. some let their kids do whatever. others pointlessly question the obvious ;)
The "obvious" is not facts or evidence. It is opinion and without evidence opinion is indistinguishable from prejudice.
[quote][p][bold]elloello1980[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MalcolmBoura[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]NudistSingle.net[/bold] wrote: familys should not take childrend to nude beach, as it said it's a nudist beach[/p][/quote]Why not? Please respond with facts and evidence, not myth and prejudice.[/p][/quote]Some parents would think it wise to not have their children around naked people on what's known as a nudist beach. some let their kids do whatever. others pointlessly question the obvious ;)[/p][/quote]The "obvious" is not facts or evidence. It is opinion and without evidence opinion is indistinguishable from prejudice. MalcolmBoura
  • Score: 14

2:48pm Tue 8 Jul 14

RichPasco says...

Of course parents have a right to raise children however they wish. Some parents choose to teach their children a healthy acceptance of human bodies; other parents teach their children to fear them. At least one long-term study has shown that children raised with naturist values emerge as emotionally healthier adults than those raised fearing them. Read Dennis Craig Smith's book, "The Naked Child: Growing Up Without Shame (Social Nudity and its Effect on Children)" for details. It's available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, and other major booksellers.
Of course parents have a right to raise children however they wish. Some parents choose to teach their children a healthy acceptance of human bodies; other parents teach their children to fear them. At least one long-term study has shown that children raised with naturist values emerge as emotionally healthier adults than those raised fearing them. Read Dennis Craig Smith's book, "The Naked Child: Growing Up Without Shame (Social Nudity and its Effect on Children)" for details. It's available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, and other major booksellers. RichPasco
  • Score: 14

9:21am Sat 12 Jul 14

westbaywonder says...

X Old Bill wrote:
Get it quite clear - There is no such thing as an 'official' naturist or nudist or clothing optional beach in England and Wales.
There are beaches where, by common consent and usage, people are freely allowed to go unclothed. An area at Studland is one such beach.

Where public have unlimited access to a beach then all members of public are free to come and go - all ages, all sexes, and where appropriate any state of dress or undress.

Public nudity of itself is not illegal in England and Wales - It only becomes part of another offence according to circumstances.
Get it quite clear.LOL
Get down off your high horse citizen.
Days of talking down to citizens is over,your on civvy street now, take the boots off and burn them, you might just begin to earn some respect!
[quote][p][bold]X Old Bill[/bold] wrote: Get it quite clear - There is no such thing as an 'official' naturist or nudist or clothing optional beach in England and Wales. There are beaches where, by common consent and usage, people are freely allowed to go unclothed. An area at Studland is one such beach. Where public have unlimited access to a beach then all members of public are free to come and go - all ages, all sexes, and where appropriate any state of dress or undress. Public nudity of itself is not illegal in England and Wales - It only becomes part of another offence according to circumstances.[/p][/quote]Get it quite clear.LOL Get down off your high horse citizen. Days of talking down to citizens is over,your on civvy street now, take the boots off and burn them, you might just begin to earn some respect! westbaywonder
  • Score: -3

9:27am Sat 12 Jul 14

westbaywonder says...

NudistSingle.net wrote:
familys should not take childrend to nude beach, as it said it's a nudist beach
Really,they take them to see Father Christmas!
[quote][p][bold]NudistSingle.net[/bold] wrote: familys should not take childrend to nude beach, as it said it's a nudist beach[/p][/quote]Really,they take them to see Father Christmas! westbaywonder
  • Score: 0

6:04pm Sat 12 Jul 14

X Old Bill says...

westbaywonder wrote:
X Old Bill wrote:
Get it quite clear - There is no such thing as an 'official' naturist or nudist or clothing optional beach in England and Wales.
There are beaches where, by common consent and usage, people are freely allowed to go unclothed. An area at Studland is one such beach.

Where public have unlimited access to a beach then all members of public are free to come and go - all ages, all sexes, and where appropriate any state of dress or undress.

Public nudity of itself is not illegal in England and Wales - It only becomes part of another offence according to circumstances.
Get it quite clear.LOL
Get down off your high horse citizen.
Days of talking down to citizens is over,your on civvy street now, take the boots off and burn them, you might just begin to earn some respect!
As you cannot dispute what I say you just resort to criticising the way I say it - maybe you have reason for doing that...
BTW The last time I wore the 'boots' of the type you seem to mean was on a parade ground, a long time ago, in a place far away.
[quote][p][bold]westbaywonder[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]X Old Bill[/bold] wrote: Get it quite clear - There is no such thing as an 'official' naturist or nudist or clothing optional beach in England and Wales. There are beaches where, by common consent and usage, people are freely allowed to go unclothed. An area at Studland is one such beach. Where public have unlimited access to a beach then all members of public are free to come and go - all ages, all sexes, and where appropriate any state of dress or undress. Public nudity of itself is not illegal in England and Wales - It only becomes part of another offence according to circumstances.[/p][/quote]Get it quite clear.LOL Get down off your high horse citizen. Days of talking down to citizens is over,your on civvy street now, take the boots off and burn them, you might just begin to earn some respect![/p][/quote]As you cannot dispute what I say you just resort to criticising the way I say it - maybe you have reason for doing that... BTW The last time I wore the 'boots' of the type you seem to mean was on a parade ground, a long time ago, in a place far away. X Old Bill
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree