Portland Coastguards assisted in a search for a missing man and rushed a man to hospital after he suffered an epileptic fit yesterday.

Coastguards launched a search for a man his partner raised concerns after he was late returning from a shopping trip.

The woman, who lives on Brownsea Island in Poole Harbour, alerted emergency services at 2.10am after the man had not come home after a shopping trip to Sandbanks in his small boat.

The coastguard helicopter was launched, and with officers from Dorset Police, local coastguards and Poole RNLI also helping.

The man and his boat were found safe and well by the Coastguards awaiting the tide at Southbanks, and the search was stood down.

Just after midday, a 33 foot sailing yacht called Petrel with three people on board, requested assistance after getting a lobster pot rope stuck around the vessel’s prop.

The vessel was disable and drifting, and the Swanage RNLI Lifeboat launched and proceeded to the boat, as well as a local diving vessel called Mary Jo.

When the RNLI arrived, they cleared the prop and towed the vessel back to Poole Town Quay.

At 2.06pm, the coastguards rushed to the aid of a 33-year-old-man who was suffering an epileptic fit at the end of Long Groyne at Hengistbury Head.

The Coastguard Helicopter and Southborne Coastguards attended the incident, and the man was airlifted to Poole hospital where he was met by paramedics.

At 4.12pm, Portland Coastguards tasked the Exmouth RNLI Lifeboat to assist a broken down speedboat.

The 22 foot speedboat, a Regal 220, had two adults and one child on board when it lost its fanbelt and broke down off Budleigh Salterton.

The lifeboat towed the Bessel back to Exmouth Marina where they were met by local coastguard officers.

At 4.37pm, a 999 call was received from a member of the public that a teenage boy was in difficulty swimming.

A group of teenagers had been spotted swimming off Lake Pier in Poole Harbour when one of the group became detached and was clinging on to a nearby boat.

Poole Harbour launched the Vigilant vessel but when it arrived on scene, the boy had swam back to safety unaided.

At 10pm, while out on exercise, the Mudeford RNLI Lifeboat team saw a broken down fishing boat.

The vessel, a 20 foot angling boat called Sponge Bob, had eight people on board and had run out of fuel 700 yards off Avon Beach.

As they proceeded, the crew made a 999 call about their status and the boat was towed back to Mudeford.