PORTLAND Coastguard airlifted a woman to hospital and helped in the search for two missing teenagers yesterday.

At 12.39am, a member of the public reported finding an unexpended marine parachute flare at the North Haven Yacht Club in Poole.

The ordnance was located and collected by Poole Coastguard Rescue officers, who transported it to the RNLI college for safe disposal.

Just before 11.30am, Exmouth Coastguards helped a holidaymaker search for their dog who had run off and swum into the sea at Budleigh Salterton.

After a lengthy search both in the sea and on land, the dog could not be found. He was later reunited with his owner after he was rescued from a beach further along the coast by a member of the public.

The Portland Coastguard Helicopter airlifted a diver to the recompression chamber in Poole after displaying symptoms of decompression illness.

The diver, a woman aged 54, was on board the Wey Chieftain when the coastguard was called to the boat which was 21 miles south east of Portland Bill.

The helicopter airlifted the woman and her dive buddy to Poole, where coastguards, police and paramedics transferred her to Poole Recompression Chamber to receive treatment.

At 4.10pm, a search was launched for two youths after they headed for Charmouth from Lyme Regis in a small inflatable boat.

Lyme Regis RNLI Lifeguard raised the alarm about the teenagers, after they ignored the lifeguard’s advice about travelling to the West Dorset town in a small boat.

One of the mother’s reported that the two had not returned, so local coastguards and lifeboat were tasked to search for them. They were quickly found walking on the beach back to Lyme Regis.

Just before 5pm, Exmouth Coastguards and RNLI were tasked following a report of two people in rubber rings drifting in the mouth of the River Otter at the eastern end of Budleigh Salterton beach.

They were picked up by another vessel and taken safely back to Budleigh.

At 6.15pm, Portland Coastguards broadcast for assistance after a yacht called Troccus found a broken down jet-ski off Bournemouth and took it under tow.

Nearby motor yacht Moose volunteered to take up the tow, and towed the jet-ski and its two people on board to Salterns Marina.

At 7.11pm, Lyme Regis Coastguard Rescue officers investigated a report of a possible person stuck on the cliff between Charmouth and St. Gabriels after a call by a member of the public to the Coastguards.

An investigation with binoculars identified the object as a white rock reflecting the bright evening sunlight against a grey background.