Firefighters called to Weymouth bin fire caused by BBQ

Firefighters called to Weymouth bin fire caused by BBQ

Firefighters called to Weymouth bin fire caused by BBQ

First published in News

Firefighters from were called to a fire in a bin on Weymouth Esplanade last night after a barbeque was thrown away.

A small amount of damage was done to the plastic wheelie bin and a crew used one hose reel to put out the fire.

A spokesman for the fire service said there is always a rise in these kinds of incidents at this time of year.

They said: “We would like to remind members of the public to take extra care when disposing of their barbeques and to ensure they are fully extinguished before throwing them away.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree