IF you have been away this week you may well be wondering what has happened in the news.
Well let us enlighten you. Whether you have been away or just visiting, here is the news you will not want to have missed from last week.
1. Weymouth celebrated the biggest party of the year with Carnival 2014.
To see all the coverage, watch the videos and see the picture galleries click here.
2. A giant problem- Find out why 7ft 7in Mariusz is asking for help to find a place to stay when he comes to Dorset.
To discover how he had to travel to the county with his head out of a sun roof, click here.
3. Discover the story of a Dorset woman who rode 100,000 miles on a tandem, but still can’t ride a bike. Read her amazing story here.
4. There were tears of joy and lots of smiles as students across Dorset got their GCSE results. Read messages of congratulations and see pictures and video from the day here.
5. The Dorset village of Broadwindsor became an internet sensation after their ‘Happy’ video went viral.
Dancing along to the Pharrell Williams’ song were a host of community stalwarts including farmers, community groups, shop staff and school children. Watch the fantastic video here.
6. Winnie-the-Pooh taught us to enjoy the simple things in life.
To see the top 25 simple pleasures in life according to a Visit England poll, including rolling down the hills at Corfe Castle, click here.
7. Condor Ferries confirmed it would be leaving Weymouth in the spring next year and will be sailing its new super-ferry from Poole. Read more here.
8. Portland swimmer Jay Lelliott won his first major international medal, taking bronze in the 400m final at the European Championships. Read all about his victory here.
9. Weymouth and Portland was identified as a repossession hotspot. To find out why click here.
10. Coastguards had to rescue a man trying to sail to America in a tiny dinghy.
The man had a US visa with him. He was suffering with seasickness and rescuers said he would have died if they hadn’t brought him back to shore. Read more about the rescue here.