UPDATE: Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze

Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze

Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze

First published in News
Last updated

A FIRE in a residential home this afternoon was caused accidentally, firefighters have said.

Firefighters were called to the blaze in the kitchen of the home in Gillingham at just after 4pm.

A spokesperson for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said: "The cause of the fire was believed to be accidental - an item was left on top of a gas grill, damage was moderate to the grill and surroundings by fire, and there was moderate smoke damage to the ground floor of the property."

Crews from Gillingham, Shaftesbury, Sturminster, Sherborne, Tisbury and Mere attended the incident.

 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree