Whether you have been away on holiday or just want to catch up with some of the news you may have missed this week, here is our handy guide.
1. A West Dorset man Emil Nava has scooped a prestigious award for his work with chart-topper Ed Sheeran.
He had his moment in the spotlight at the MTV awards in LA this week when he scooped the award for the best male video of the year for Sing.
2. Brad Pitt returned to Dorset to promote his new film Fury.
3. British sailors came away with two silver medals and the maximum three qualifying berths for the 2016 Paralympic Games at the conclusion of the IFDS Disabled Sailing World Championships in Halifax, Canada.
4. A legacy in Lego
The legacy of Victorian fossil hunter Mary Anning continues in a new set of three women Lego characters including a palaeontologist.
The ‘Research Institute’ set of new characters released by Lego on August 1 also includes an astronomer and chemist.
5.People are being urged to throw their support behind an underwater project that could bring £60million to Weymouth and Portland over 10 years.
Wreck to Reef aims to sink two ships on a square kilometre of seabed in Weymouth Bay – there is space for a community reef, lobster reef and memorial area.
6.Weymouth and West Dorset groups celebrated after securing Lottery funding.
To see which projects got grants, click here.
7. A sponsored windsurf along the Jurassic Coast raised £750 for the Will Mackaness Trust
Read abut the adventures of the youngsters taking part, here.
8. Brewers Quay will continue to house businesses until redevelopment gets underway.
The lease for the Brewers Quay Emporium, which was set to expire in September 2015, has been extended for another year until 2016.
To read the reaction from businesses, click here.
9. Dorset County Museum is celebrating after a joint project with Brunel University was awarded a £55,000 grant by a government-sponsored organisation.
10. Officers caught hundreds of motorists flouting the law during a targeted ‘no excuse’ operation in Dorset.