Neighbours aid pensioners after fire breaks out

First published in News

AN ELDERLY couple were helped by their neighbours after a camping stove caught fire in their home.
Dorchester firefighters were called to Butts Close in Puddletown on August 29 at 8am after a fire broke out when the couple used the stove indoors because their electricity was out.
Neighbours responded to their cries for help and dragged the stove outside.
Steve Cheeseman, station commander for Dorchester, said: “Although we would never advise anyone to touch a burning cylinder, this action undoubtedly stopped the fire from spreading.
"Dorset Fire and Rescue Service advice is that camping equipment should never be used indoors.
“I cannot stress enough how important it is to have working smoke alarms on all levels of your home and that these are tested weekly.”
 

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree