TWO young women were allegedly raped after a night out in Weymouth ended in horrific attacks.
The victims are believed to have been visitors who reportedly met a group of men during a night out in the town centre.
It is believed the women were later taken back to separate hotels in Weymouth and raped.
Dorset Police have confirmed that they are investigating ‘serious sexual assaults’ on two women, after they received a report on Sunday night, September 9.
They said no one has been arrested so far but investigations are ongoing.
Police officers made inquiries at several hotels on the seafront looking for two men believed to have been involved in the attacks.
One hotel owner, who did not wish to be named, said they received a knock on the door from officers making inquiries about the men.
He said: “We had the police car here on Sunday night at 11.45pm.”
A spokesman for the Fairhaven Hotel on the Esplanade said that Dorset Police officers had been at the hotel but confirmed the attacks did not happen at the establishment.
He said they had closed a room for the police early on Monday morning and Dorset Police officers had taken away articles from the room.
The spokesman said: “I can confirm the police were round. I can confirm they asked us to hold off a room.
“The alleged incident did not happen in our hotel and they released everything they took from us.”
He added: “All I can confirm was that two gentlemen they suspected were involved stayed at our hotel.”
A spokesman for Dorset Police said: “We received a report at 10.45pm on Sunday, September 9, of serious sexual assaults on two female victims in Weymouth.
“A police investigation is underway and no one has been arrested. There is no further information available at this time.”
Anyone with information should call Dorset Police on 101.