4:24pm Sunday 8th July 2012
By James Tourgout
FLOOD warnings are still in place for many rivers in Dorset.
They include the Upper Frome at Dorchester, the Bride at Burton Bradstock and Litton Cheney, the Upper Frome from Dorchester to Maiden Newton and the Char at Charmouth.
The One World Festival on King's Road playing fields in Dorchester has been cancelled.
Radipole Lake in Weymouth burst its banks, flooding nearby car parks and roads - including Radipole Park Drive.
Motorists on the A35 from Bridport to Dorchester still face hold-ups and delays.
The area around Winterbourne Abbas is particularly badly hit.
Police said latest report show the following issues although these are subject to change:
* Localised flooding in Winterbourne Abbas, Winterbourne Steepleton and Martinstown.
* Large volumes of traffic using B3159 due to closure of the A35 at Winterbourne.
* The Bridport and Weymouth B3157 coast road is now open.
* Concerns have been raised about the bridge in Burton Bradstock, but police are monitoring the situation.
* Water is still several foot deep at Stourpaine.
* A hamlet called Hammoon, north of Blandford, has been completely cut off.
* The A35 westbound is closed between the A37 and the A3066 due to flooding. It is expected to reopen at 5pm.
© Copyright 2001-2013 Newsquest Media Group