Fire crews have dealt with two kitchen fires in Dorchester in the space of an hour.

In the first fire, two crews had to force entry to a first-floor flat on York Road.

They were faced with a fire confined to a saucepan and a tea towel.

Two breathing apparatus wearers entered the flat with a hose reel jet, but it turned out they did not need any water to put it out.

The pan was removed and isolated in order for the fire to be put out.

The crews were alerted to the fire on Friday, 19 May, at 11:48am and the fire was extinguished by 12:15pm.

A Dorset fire crew was alerted to another kitchen fire at a house on Coburg Road on the same day at 12:44pm.

The fire involved cooking on the ground floor of the property.

Crews arrived at the scene to find that the occupant of the house had already extinguished it.

Crews then carried out an inspection.

There were no known injuries in either fire.