TIVERTON Town turned the tables on the Terras tonight to move into the fourth round of the Red Insure Cup.

Weymouth went ahead after just two minutes at the Bob Lucas Stadium but the visitors were the better side over the course of the game and thoroughly deserved their victory.

Jason Matthews made seven changes to the side that started last Saturday’s 1-0 win over Corby Town with Jake Green, Sam Poole, Luke Burbidge and George Rigg the only survivors.

Matt Cafer started between the posts while Nathan Walker and Barry McConnell came in at the back.

There were also places for Matt Harvey and the returning Scott Walker in midfield, and Carl McClements in attack.

There were several familiar faces in the Tiverton squad too, including five ex-Terras in Ed Palmer, Dan Smith, Sam Mal-som, Aidan Chainey and Matt Wright.

Driving rain at kick-off made the conditions extremely tricky but that did not stop Weymouth making a flying start.

A foul in the second minute handed Scott Walker the chance to hit one from a free-kick, and he duly obliged with a stunning strike from 30 yards, which flew into the corner of the net, leaving keeper Neil Montano rooted to the spot.

It was an incredible start by the Terras and they should have made it two just 11 minutes later.

McClements produced some good movement to get on the end of Burbidge’s through ball but this time the onrushing Montano was equal to the effort.

Tiverton then began to grow into the game and on the half-hour they almost grabbed a fortuitous equaliser.

Josh Concanon’s cross-cum-shot from the left appeared to be dropping in at the far corner but somehow Cafer re-adjusted to keep it out with an outstretched palm.

Poole then made a last-ditch block to deny Michael Nardiello before the visitors finally broke through on 36 minutes.

Cafer tried to hold Malsom’s initial strike but the ball skidded off his gloves in the wet conditions, giving Smith the easiest of tap-ins at the far post.

Tiverton deserved that goal and just before half-time they snatched the lead.

Cafer pulled off a superb save to deny Smith but when the resulting corner was only half cleared, there was James Richards to drive home a blockbuster from 30 yards.

The Terras clearly needed to raise their game after the break but Tiverton continued to look dangerous.

Marcus Martin saw an effort deflect just wide before Nardiello nodded over from the resulting corner after being found completely unmarked.

McClements, playing as the lone forward, was receiving very little service at the other end but he did get on the end of a corner on 58 minutes, only to see his header fly wide.

Malsom then went close for Tiverton before Palmer caught Rigg with a flailing arm that caused the midfielder to require treatment.

Luckily for Palmer, the off-the-ball infringement went unnoticed by the officials.

Weymouth had to change something to stand any chance of getting back into the game and, on 75 minutes, the switch finally came with Adam Anstey coming on and Nathan Walker being pushed up front.

The reshuffle was always going to leave gaps at the back and, moments later, only a great reaction stop from Cafer denied Tiverton adding another.

Weymouth created just one chance to equalise in the closing stages but when McClements’ eff- ort trickled wide, it was clear it was not going to be their night.

Terras: Cafer, McConnell, Green, Clay, N Walker, Poole, Burbidge (Anstey 76), Harvey (Chatterton 62), McClements, Rigg, S Walker. Subs not used: Matthews, Greeno.

Tiverton: Montano, Concanon, Long, Palmer, Villis, Heveran, Richards (Konal 81), Martin (Chainey 70), Nardiello (Wright 63), Smith, Malsom. Subs not used: Emati-Emati, Searle.

Bookings – None.

Referee: Adrian Tranter (Poole) Attendance: 203