WEYMOUTH 3 (Poole 6, Hutchings 30, Kelly 43)

JAKE Hutchings and Adam Kelly both netted their first goals for the Terras as they cruised to a 3-0 win at struggling Bedford Town.

Weymouth did all the damage in the first half to extend the Eagles’ winless run in all competitions to a staggering 29 games.

Player-manager Jason Matthews made four changes to the Weymouth side that began the 3-0 defeat at St Albans City last time out.

Three of them took place in defence where Barry McConnell, youngster Charlie Holland and debutant Jake Hutchings came in for Jake Green, Michael Walker and Ashley Wells.

Green and Walker both missed out through suspension while Wells has been sidelined with a groin problem.

The other switch saw Scott Walker fill the void left by Luke Burbirdge, who has gone away on holiday and is set to join Poole Town on his return.

Luke Winsper, Ben Joyce and Carl McClements also returned to the bench where there was another new face in Lamar Powell, who has been brought in on non-contract terms.

Bedford came into the game on a 14-game losing streak in the Southern Premier Division and they immediately found themselves under the cosh once again.

The Terras had clearly set out to pile on the pressure in the early stages and within six minutes they were ahead.

Lee Crockett kept out an effort from Stewart Yetton before Sam Poole broke the deadlock with a fine header from Scott Walker’s deep corner.

Yetton did get the final touch before the ball made contact with the net but Poole’s initial effort was deemed to have already crossed the line.

The Eagles looked stunned but after Yetton had tested Crockett again, the hosts broke away at the other end and squandered a golden chance to level, when Jamie Nicholls fired over with just Matthews to beat.

Jordan Davis then shot straight at the visiting keeper before the Terras regained their composure and began to boss the game again, with Steve Colwell proving a dominant presence in the midfield.

Crockett pulled off another excellent save to keep out George Rigg’s thunderous effort but there was nothing he could do to stop Hutchings doubling the advantage on the half-hour.

Walker’s excellent corner struck the upright and when Adam Kelly returned the ball into the box, the Torquay United loanee was on hand to head in from close range.

Bedford’s heads immediately dropped after that and Weymouth went in for the kill by adding another just two minutes before the break.

Great work from Holland put Kelly through and he did the rest with a cool finish to put his side three up and in complete command.

In the second half, the onus was on Bedford to get back in the game but apart from a wild effort from Jamie Nicholls, which flew over the bar, they barely threatened in the early stages.

Kelly then tested Crockett from distance before Luca Seminerio brought a comfortable save out of Matthews following a flick-on from John Sonuga.

The Terras continued to look comfortable and on 63 minutes they made their first change with Powell replacing Rigg.

McClements then came on for Niall Thompson, just 10 minutes later, before Davis finally tested Matthews again, only for the experienced stopper to superbly turn his effort out for a corner.

Seminerio then dragged a shot wide as the Eagles continued to try and salvage something, but Weymouth were by now in cruise control and saw the rest of the game out with consummate ease.

They could have even had a fourth but Powell lashed his effort over the bar from McClements’ pinpoint cross. Bedford: Crockett, Cooper, Jarrold, Nash, Wall, Sonuga, Davis, Powell (Thomas 81), Nicholls (McGoldrick 61), Yamfam (Stephens 27), Seminerio. Subs not used: Birch.

Weymouth: Matthews, McConnell, Holland, Colwell, Hutchings, Poole, Thompson (McClements 73), Kelly, Yetton, Rigg (Powell 63), S Walker. Subs not used: Winsper, Joyce.

Bookings – Bedford: None.

Weymouth: Holland (foul 83).

Referee: J Burridge.

Attendance: 220