SAGGIES clinched the CM Energy UK Division One title after chasing down Moby Dick’s Bears’ total of 124 with two overs to spare.

It was thanks to a fantastic knock of 89 off just 40 balls from Ben Doidge, that included seven sixes and six fours.

Doidge was cruelly denied the chance to record a century when needlessly run out by team-mate Nigel Evans.

Earlier Simon Mitchem (60no) and Johnny Armfield (35) had laid the foundations for the Bears’ innings.

In reply Doidge led his assault on the target after Matt Camp and Simon Browne had been removed cheaply, and Brendon King (11) supported Doidge as the Saggies wrapped up the title.

Balti House secured the runners-up spot and gained revenge for their defeat earlier in the season with a 74-run win over the Royal Portland Arms.

Batting first, Marco Nott (64) and Dave Adkins (24) forged a 62-run opening stand, with Andy Thorne (35no) helping to add 69 for the second wicket.

Matt Brown (2-23) helped slow the runs removing Nott, as the Balti House ended on 161-4 from 16 overs.

The Arms were immediately on the back foot as openers Thorne (3-13) and Joe Adkins (2-22) tore through the top order.

Darrell Farley (10) and Tony Quayle (10) briefly stabilised the innings, and tail-enders Jody Locke (12) and Pete Tombs (13) helped boost the total to 87 before Ian Tibble (3-18) closed out the game.

In Division Two, an amazing performance by Simon Bailey almost won the game for Victoria Inn against Budmouth.

The Victoria had seemed dead and buried as Rene Lawson’s opening spell of 4-13 reduced them to 43-6 chasing 128 to win.

However, Bailey’s brilliant 78 gave them hope, but his innings was cut short when he was caught on the boundary off the penultimate ball of the match with three runs still required.

Neil Walton (2-25) then conceded only a single off the last ball as Budmouth scraped home by one run.

Earlier Phil Morley had once again showed a sensible approach with the bat mixing caution with big hitting to score 87 not out.

PRT George Inn moved level with Budmouth following back-to-back victories that sets up a title decider in their clash in the final fixture.

Matt Randell (73) and Gary Randell (43) set the pace against Wessex Gasworks as they helped post 128 from 16 overs.

In reply, Tom Dalkins' frugal four-over spell of 2-9, put the George in control.

Derek Wilkes (31) and Derek Millen (21) led the fightback but youngster Luke Strong (3-24) was brought into the attack and helped restrict the Gasworks to 91-6 at the close.

The Randells were back in the runs again in the rearranged game against Victoria Inn, Matt hitting an unbeaten 127 and Gary supporting with 56 as PRT piled on the runs at Reforne, finishing on 208-2.

The Victoria made a steady start to their innings through Jo Legg (13) and Sam Legg (17).

The introduction of Dylan Riley (3-14) helped break their resistance, but an unbeaten 33 from Derek Legg saw the Victoria end on 82-5 after 16 overs.