LEAGUE champions Weymouth Seconds showed no mercy winning 10-0 against Swanage & Wareham Thirds to capture the Channel Division Two title.

The Seasiders arrived on home ground feeling nervous but extremely determined to secure the league crown.

However, even with that anxiety, the hosts managed to secure their first goal within the opening five minutes of the contest.

Anneka Bowles drove the ball at speed into the D avoiding any Swanage & Wareham player in her path and played a neat square ball to Casey Foot, who fired the ball into the back of the net.

The visitors were quick to react, driving the ball into the defensive line that consisted of Jo Ray, Carolyn Schofield, Olivia Culbreth and Berni Cane.

Cane won the ball off the opposition and sent the ball to the sideline where Foot dribbled and played in Annalise Dive.

Dive used some delightful stick skills around the Swanage & Wareham midfield then passed to Issie Gilliver. Gilliver picked out Bowles free at the top of the D, who subsequently reversed stick slapped the ball beyond the outstretched keeper to make it 2-0 to Weymouth with 10 minutes gone.

Then, 15 minutes into the first half, Weymouth were able to win back the ball from the Swans through midfielder Jemma Brunell. She found Luce Byrne who dribbled along the sideline and into the D where she passed to Bowles, who pushed the ball into the net for 3-0.

A fourth then came for the hosts when Olivia Treadwell cleanly struck the ball into the goal with five minutes left of the first half and there was still time for the Seasiders to add a fifth before the break. Gilliver took a strike which rebounded off the Swans’ keeper into the path of Brunell, who was waiting at the penalty spot to push the ball into the net.

In the second half, Weymouth came out strongly. Bowles took the ball into the D and fired a reverse stick slap into the back of the net for 6-0.

Weymouth were still extremely goal hungry. Gilliver won the ball and passed to Treadwell, who was awaiting at the penalty spot where she placed the ball through the goalkeeper’s leg for 7-0.

Swanage & Wareham’s best efforts to get into Weymouth D were stopped by Ray and soon after, Dive dribbled the ball into the D and played a precise little ball to Gilliver. She picked out Byrne waiting at the post to slap the ball into the net to make it 8-0.

The rout then continued as Treadwell got her name on the scoresheet again, converting a penalty flick for 9-0 and the Seasiders sealed the title in style by bringing up a perfect 10.

Captain Claire Harding was alive at the back post to hit the ball into the goal and make a memorable sideline celebration.

Player of the match: Olivia Treadwell