When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
Rolls banned for five years
FORMER Weymouth chairman George Rolls has been suspended from all Football activity for five years.
The former Terras' chief has also been fined £10,000 and warned about his future conduct after a Football Association's Independent Regulatory Commission found his breaches of FA Rule E3 and E8(a) proven.
Rolls was charged with the following offences:
* Three breaches of FA Rule E3 – Misconduct relating to his conduct during the investigation of the alleged breaches of the Betting rules
* 974 breaches of FA Rule E8(a) – Betting - during the 2007-08 season
* 1,707 breaches of FA Rule E8(a) – Betting - during the 2008-09 season
* 392 breaches of FA Rule E8(a) – Betting - during the 2009-10 season Rolls denied the following:
* One of the three breaches of FA Rule E3
* 788 of the 974 breaches of FA Rule E8 (a) – Betting – during 2007-08 season
* 1,595 of the 1707 breaches of FA Rule E8(a) – Betting – during 2008-09 season
* 385 of the 392 breaches of FA Rule E8(a) – Betting – during 2009-10 season An Independent Regulatory Commission found all charges against Mr Rolls proven.
Rolls’ suspension from football will begin with immediate effect and includes influence, management and administration.
There is a right of appeal against the decision.
Full story in tomorrow's Echo