TEN-MAN Weyline advanced into the second round of the Dorset Sunday Intermediate Cup at the expense of Britannia.

The cup holders went into the tie without the services of suspended duo Danny Andrews and James Parkes, and replacement keeper Nick Carroll, who was ruled out through injury.

That meant James Aldom had to don the gloves and he did a fine job as Weyline eventually got on top following a hard-fought first period, which included three goals in just eight minutes.

Lee Pattison opened the scoring before the Brit hit straight back with a fine finish from Grant Chance.

It was then left to Adam Schofield to have the final say of the half when he broke down the right and fired in from the edge of the area to put his side back in front.

Buoyed by that strike, Weyline then went on to grab a third on the hour through Josh Burton, only to then lose Lee Pattison to a red card for foul and abusive language with just 20 minutes remaining.

Suddenly it appeared the Brit had been handed a potential lifeline but they failed to take it and in the closing stages they conceded a fourth when Sam Pattison and Sean Stewart combined to set up Dan McDonald.

Weyline will now take on Bournemouth Division Four side Talbot Pub in the next stage, which is set to take place on November 11.

There was also success in the competition for Market House as they overcame Harbourside 4-3.

The Maiden Street outfit are currently on top form and recently beat Rendezvous 3-2 in Weymouth Sunday League Premiership action thanks to strikes from Jack Huson and Bobby Darch (2).

There was also a full fixture list in the Championship where current leaders Portland Town drew 2-2 with second-placed Dolphin, who remain just three points adrift with a game in hand.

Also successful were fellow top-four sides Dolce Vita and Moby Dick’s.

Dolce won 6-3 at Broadmayne while the Moby hammered Weymouth Athletic 5-0.

The other two results saw Belvedere draw 3-3 with Sailors Return and The Lounge edge out George Jewels 6-5.