WEYMOUTH Reserves ended a four-game winless streak with a 3-2 victory over Tintinhull at the Bob Lucas Stadium.

The Terras were 2-1 down at one stage but fought back to claim the points with Sean Zima grabbing a late winner.

Joint-boss Jake Richmond said: “We had quite a few youngsters out again and we did okay. “We have played better and lost this season but all credit to the lads because they showed great character throughout in what was a good game to watch.

“They put us under quite a bit of pressure towards the end but we defended resolutely and managed to snatch a winner on the break after a mistake from their keeper.”

He went on to add: “It was one of those where we probably didn’t deserve to win the game but we didn’t deserve to lose it either.

“Although it was great to get the three points the most pleasing aspect for me was the way we responded at 2-1 down and the general attitude throughout.

“For instance a couple of the lads on the bench were unlucky not to start but they conducted themselves well and did all the right things.

“There has been a really good atmosphere in the camp ever since the debacle at Blandford United and hopefully that will continue now.

“Some of the younger ones are beginning to find their feet and as long as they don’t think they have made it now after just a couple of good performances, I have no doubts we will continue making progress.”

Matt Morley had an outstanding game for the Terras and he set up the opening goal on three minutes by making headway down the left and delivering a fine cross for Zima to tap home at the far post.

Unfortunately though, the lead did not last long with keeper Jamie Perry misjudging a cross-cum-shot from Garry Mountford which looped into the back of the net for a fortuitous equaliser.

The Weymouth stopper atoned for his error with a couple of sharp saves later on but he could not stop the Yeovil outfit forging ahead on 50 minutes.

This time a breakdown in communication at a cross caused confusion in the box and Adam Clements was on hand to take full advantage.

The hosts could have easily shrunk into their shells at that point but a clever tactical switch saw Morley pushed up front and within two minutes it was all square again when he raced through and lobbed the visiting keeper.

Weymouth then enjoyed plenty of possession before Tintinhull pushed for a winner in the closing stages. The away side had plenty of corners and free-kicks but the Terras stood firm and eventually went on to snatch a winner when substitute Chucky Taylor latched on to a mistake by the away stopper, and squared the ball for Zima for the easiest of finishes.

Richmond added: “My son Ben has been assisting me recently in the absence of Nick Bennett and moving Matt up front was all down to him.

“That switch got us back level and I was also delighted for Chucky.

“He hasn’t had much football with us this year because we are trying to bring the younger ones on, so for him to come on and show such desire and persistence to set up the winner was fantastic and I salute him for that.”

Weymouth now lie 12th in the Magna Dorset Premier League and will next be in action on Saturday when they entertain Sherborne Town Reserves (3pm).

Terras: Perry, Sharpe, Anstey, Doidge, Brown, Morley (Taylor 75), Greatrex, Winsper, Smith (Holland 65), Sanchez Baker (Frame 55), Zima. Sub not used: Harvey.